ULTA Haul! (40% off certain brands!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So last week, ULTA had this great deal going on-- 40% off on certain brands, like Revlon and Nyx. Although I've been obsessed with makeup for a long time, I had never tried anything from Nyx, but I heard great things about them. So, I took the liberty of buying a lot of Nyx products (basically all lip ones, since I'm on a current lip-craze), and some Revlon lip butters. I also bought Maybelline's Color Tattoo eyeshadow, since it was buy one get one half off. These are the shades I got in everything:

Nyx Round Lipstick: Thalia, B52, Doll, Snow White

Nyx Matte Lipcream: Milan

Nyx Megashine Lipgloss: Natural, Beige, Perfect, Smokey Look

Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil: Black Bean, Milk

Nyx Matte Body Bronzer: Deep Tan

Revlon Lip Butters: Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum, Fig Jam, Raspberry Pie

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow: Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe

I bought a lot of neutral lip stuff since I'm more of a bold eyes' simple lip person, but I did get a couple pops of color (Raspberry Pie, Snow White). I wish I got a lip butter in Tutti Frutti! -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would love if you guys could tell me if you tried anything that I purchased, and what you thought of it (especially the bronzer, since I couldn't find a review!). 

Take care <3

Hi! I have the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan (actually, I think I have that in almost every shade there is). That's one of my favorite colors. The texture is nice, but it dries out fast and settles into lines bad. I never wear the matte lip creams without a shimmery gloss on top. I have a bunch of NYX round lipsticks, just in different shades. They're pretty nice. They dry out on me kind of quick, but again, I love gloss. The only NYX glosses I have are the ones that came with the Jersey Couture palette, and they have no shade names. If the texture of the gloss you got is the same as those, they're excellent. I have the Revlon lip butters in tons of shades also (Peach Parfait is my favorite one). Those are fantastic. They're really moisturizing and last for a long time, and the colors are all really flattering, from what I've tried. I think they're way nicer than the comparable L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm. I do have the Maybelline shadow in Tough as Taupe, but I haven't used it yet. Cream shadows worry me because I always blend at least 3 shades at a time on my eyes, and that seems tricky with a cream. I bet I'll never open it! But anyway - nice haul!

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's a bummer that the matte creams sink into lip lines since I have super lip lines. Hopefully with some exfoliation and balm it'll go on smoothly! And I've always heard good things about Nyx lipglosses so I'm sure the quality is good. I'm just sad they discontinued the Nyx Round lipglosses, because I wanted to try those!

I love Nyx blushes and lip liners. I want to try more from them, especially the lip creams :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am obsessed with the revlon lip butters! I have pink truffle and love it, but my favorites that I have tried are peach parfait and creme brulee. I just bought another peach parfait because I ran out and I need to buy another creme brulee, because I use them so often. I really want to get tutti fruity though!

I haven't tried any of the Nyx products, but some of them do look really nice! The Revlon Lip Butters look amazing; they seem to have the consistency that I love in lip colors. Sounds like you have a nice haul!

I love the Revlon Lip Butters, Pink Truffle is one of my favorites. If you're looking for other pretty ones I love Peach Parfait (has a lot of gold shimmer though). Looks like a great haul, I've never been to an Ulta I have no clue where there is one close to me and I don't feel like making a trip to go find one.

Latest posts

Back