Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not eye primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I got this a week ago, but have only wore it once and it creased after like 6-8 hours.(can't remember the exact time. lol)

I'm gonna wear this to the gym today with just a light eye shadow wash. I want to see how well it holds up.

I'll reply when I get back.

Originally Posted by charms23 Have fun at the gym, Liz! Hope you get to meet some nice people
smile.gif
hehe. thanks charmaine!!!

Janelle & I have it...we're not crazy about it either.....
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Liz I got this a week ago, but have only wore it once and it creased after like 6-8 hours.(can't remember the exact time. lol)
I'm gonna wear this to the gym today with just a light eye shadow wash. I want to see how well it holds up.

She started out loving it, but it started to crease !!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i thought Janelle loved it better than the UD Primer?

She may be back to using it, I'm not absolutely sure

Originally Posted by Trisha oh no, i really wish the UD had worked for her, ive never had nay problems with it xx

Originally Posted by Liz I got this a week ago, but have only wore it once and it creased after like 6-8 hours.(can't remember the exact time. lol)

Best way to challenge a product,besides doing the deed of course,lol
icon_wink.gif

That's so weird cuz I've never had any problems with creasing , even when I use it on other people. If you use too much of it maybe- cuz it's so creamy. Maybe try applying it with a sponge or q-tip...something other than fingers.

Originally Posted by Trisha oh no, i really wish the UD had worked for her, ive never had nay problems with it xx I love it! Works wonder and I am still on my first bottle and I bought mine in early February. I use it every day.

Originally Posted by Marisol I love it! Works wonder and I am still on my first bottle and I bought mine in early February. I use it every day. I second that. I can't believe how well it's working. I've tried Benefit F.Y. Eye, Clinique Touch Base, Loreal De-Crease (I think that's what it's called), and BE bisque and none of those are even half as good as the UD primer potion. I've had it for about 2 weeks (my first bottle) and I've been impressed by it every single day.

It creases badly on me too. I only use it when I'm practicing mu applications - I NEVER wear it out!!
icon_mad.gif

welp, before i went to the gym, i was applying my makeup and used the primer, then ccb in fawntastic, and beaded over that. i wanted a neutral look since i was going to the gym. creased right away! lol. i ended up just taking it all off and just put shroom on as a wash and some mascara. i think it was because of the ccb though.

i'm gonna get the ud pp and try that on one eye and ultima on the other eye and see how they work. lol

argh. i bought 2 of these on ebay too
icon_confused.gif

I got a sample of Ultima II eye primer from Janelle and first it creased in a few hours. But I tried it again after Janelle gave me some good tips for it and now it works pretty nice.
smile.gif

so do i put a lot of a little? janelle says put more than you normally would, and envy says use only a little
confused.gif

She told me to put one layer first, let it dry and then put one more layer. Try it tomorrow and see how it works? only one layer was not enough for me....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Liz so do i put a lot of a little? janelle says put more than you normally would, and envy says use only a little
confused.gif

Originally Posted by lilla She told me to put one layer first, let it dry and then put one more layer. Try it tomorrow and see how it works? only one layer was not enough for me....
icon_rolleyes.gif
oh ok. i think i remember her saying that before. lol.

Let me know how it works out okay?

Originally Posted by Liz oh ok. i think i remember her saying that before. lol.

If it doesn't work, try doing what I do: I just put a layer of foundation on my lids, then a layer of loose face powder (the powder is key -- I guess it soaks up the oils on my lid or something!). I have very deep-set eyes; you can't even see my eyelids when my eyes are open and even eyeliner will end up in my crease after only an hour or two without a base! However, when I put the foundation and powder underneath, all of my eyeshadows last all day and I usually have to use soap and water to get all the eyeliner off! (Well, except for my Physician's Formula cream shadow which creased after 30 minutes, but I think the problem was the shadow, not the base! lol) And this works with every brand of loose powder and foundation that I've tried!
smile.gif

I get a better result from the 2 layers... and with only a light layer of the CCB - I think the CCB has something to do with the creasing. I think the UD is better for lasting effects, but I hate the chalky look it gives my lids & that it makes my lids seem wrinkly and the skin loose. (Hard to describe... makes my lids look 20 yrs.+ older) it's wierd... it sometimes make the shadows look blotchy. If the Ultima lasted that long... it'd be my HG - b/c the finish of it is great. I also put astringent on my lids when I use it. It's not perfect, but it's a nice alternative.
icon_cool.gif

I get almost the same thing that Janelle does with the UD.

Liz-how do you apply the Ultima?

i use a few paints, but they still crease on me.

i apply ultima with a synthetic bristle brush with an even layer. i thought i waited long enough for it to dry, but i guess i didn't. i'm impatient. lol

Latest posts

Back