UMBA box- does anyone here subscribe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Umbabox.com has a monthly subscription which has handmade items. Not " country crap" kind of things from what I can see on their website, but WOW, it takes a long time to get anything from them.

They say on their website that products range from personal care ( I'm taking that to mean BEAUTY ITEMS or soaps, that sort of thing), to hand- painted scarves to an original art work or a hand-painted floor cloth,etc.

Oh, and jewelry. I'm not big on costume jewelry but the rest of it sounds interesting.

Has anyone tried this? Did you like it or not?

It's $24.00 a month, + shipping, I think. They say that every item is an original. Also, there doesn't seem to be a connection to that Etsy,com site..  Most of their things are way too rustic for my tastes.

Thanks,

Laura

Their website is down. umba.com just displays a page saying the domain name is for sale. Someone isn't renewing their domains on time, it seems.

Originally Posted by Turboweevel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their website is down. umba.com just displays a page saying the domain name is for sale. Someone isn't renewing their domains on time, it seems.
 The website is UmbaBox.com

: )

Is the for the makers box the one for crafters? Normally, I don't do any crafts but since I am immoblized with nasty fractures in both legs, I might learn.

Isn't whimsey box the one that comes from Etsy and seems to be rather rustic? I am not sure. I just know that my style is not rustic or handmade- looking.

I chose Umbabox.com because they seemed to have more modern looking items.

I have been a Umba Box subscriber since March 2012.  I have written about each box in more detail on my blog.  Behind the cut are pictures.  I really LOVE my Umba box and they have awesome customer service.  They recently updated their website (it is back up) with a tab of box reveals so you can see previous boxes as well as the limited edition Mother's Day 3 month subscription boxes.

I enjoy the products that I have received in my boxes.  I love that each month is so different.  My first month was March and it was full of 3 beauty products and I loved them all (coffee face mask, hydrating lavender lotion stick and a bath bomb). 

The next month brought a cute hand screened tea towel, little notebook and salted caramels (tasty).

May brought an amazing smelling candle (some say to strong but I loved it), cute hairpins with felted flowers and a herb garden lip balm (which I ADORE)

June brought a beautiful light necklace for summer and two lollipops with very sophisticated flavors (think mojito for one of them).

As for the other question regarding For the Makers and Whimsey box.  I got one whimsey box (picture behind the cut) and I was not impressed - It came with two sharpies (thick and thin one in two different shades of green), two mini magnets to stick on things, a glue stick, some ric rak, and 8 different sheets of colored paper (about 5 inch squared) - good for paper folding?  From what I have read many people still are not pleased with Whimsey box and their prices just went up.  Though it seems as if they may be going through some growth right now.  They have added crafters to come up with projects on their blogs so maybe they are getting better?

I have not ordered For the Makers but their boxes seem to be more project focused.  I.e. you receive 3 or 4 complete projects with everything you need to complete them including instructions.  Their blog has each box up and the projects that were made.

I have subscribed to Umba. I like being surprised and handmade so it's part of the fun.

Back