Ummm...wtf?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update...

I headed to Urgent Care which is different from the ER. UC does not take emergenices like car accidents, heart attacks etc. Giant walk in clinic. Anyways the doctor at the UC was alot better. He said I do have an infection, prescribed me a different antibiotic. The infection has spread into my wrist and forearm. He said by Monday if the infection is the same or worse to come right back in.

The doc said as far he knows we do not have any dangerous spiders in our Province but he said you never know what is around.

At least the UC was alot better.

I took my new antibiotic tonight so hopefully these will help.

Thanks everyone.
smile.gif

what are those people, retarded? and omg, I kind of want to see a photo too!

hope you're doing better hun

Another update...

Unfortunately I am not seeing any improvement. The redness/bruising has spread and the bite is ugly, little blister type things cropping up near the bite, seep etc, gross. The doctor at urgent care told me on Friday that if it hasn't improved to come back on Monday, today. I plan on going in tomorrow morning if I haven't seen a difference over night. Makes me wonder what type of spider bit me.

maybe you just had a really bad reaction to it.. some people are allergic to certain types of insect more than others..

sorry to hear its not healed up

It sounds like a Brown Recluse. The following is a description of the symptoms of a Brown Recluse Spider bite. These spiders are common in the US and Canada.

Brown Recluse Bite Symptoms

Brown recluse spider bites often go unnoticed initially because they are usually painless bites. Occasionally, some minor burning that feels like a bee is noticed at the time of the bite. Symptoms usually develop two to eight hours after a bite. Keep in mind that most bites cause little tissue destruction.

Victims may experience these symptoms:

• Severe pain at bite site after about four hours
  • Severe itching
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Fever
  • Myalgias (muscle pain)
Initially the bite site is mildly red and upon close inspection may reveal fang marks. Most commonly, the bite site will become firm and heal with little scaring over the next few days or weeks. Occasionally, the local reaction will be more severe with erythema and blistering, sometimes leading to a blue discoloration ultimately leading to a necrotic lesion and scaring.
  • Blistering (common)
  • Necrosis (death) of skin and subcutaneous fat (less common)
  • Severe destructive necrotic lesions with deep wide borders (rare)
Here is a picture of the Brown Recluse:
200px-Brown_recluse.jpg

I also read that doctors often prescribe antibiotics for this spider bite. The article stated that antibiotics do not do anything to help heal the bite. The bite is a reaction to venom. There is no bacteria or virus that causes the after-effects of the bite. The venom is the direct cause of the reaction.

I'm trying to find the link to antibiotic information. I lost the page I read it on. I'm looking.

I really hope you feel better soon!
smile.gif

OMG I hope you feel better soon and it's nothing serious. I can't believe the amount of ignorance you went through at that ER. Hopefully it'll get better, if it doesn't go right back to the UC.

Thank you katnahat for that information.
smile.gif
The brown recluse spider looks similar to the one that bit me, although I know there are many types of brown spiders. Strange, I contacted the University where I live and they said we do not have brown recluse spiders here.Who knows, spiders and critters can crawl into luggage, cargo, cars etc.

I headed back to urgent care today, different doctor. He looked at the bite said it is ugly and keep taking the antibiotics I am on. I explained to him that the other doctor that I saw this past Friday told me by Monday if I don't see a difference or things are worse to come back in which is why I am here. Doctor today said just keep taking the antibiotics, your bite is strange, keep it covered with gauze.

The main bite is round and ulcer like, but now there are little areas around the bite that are bursting open, similar to small blisters, oozing fluid.

So I guess for now I will wait it out for a longer period, hopefully it will clear up in the next few days. If not I guess I will go somewhere else.

I suppose spider bites are not too common here or maybe docs don't see them that often.

Latest posts

Back