Under-eye Concealer Help - Dark Circles??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! I need some concealer help. For years I've had mismatched under-eye concealer that is either too light or too dark. I've gone to different counters and tried to get matched, but I don't feel I've gotten anything that is HG. I think the problem is that I have dark under-eye circles. But it's hard to know what color to correct with, when the concealers I have just don't work! 

I have warm tan-olive skin with yellow undertones. Does anyone have any advice for finding the right combination of colors or have you had more success with certain brands over others?

Thank you!

Have you tried using actual color correctors, instead of concealers? I know Ben Nye, Graftobian, and Bobbi Brown offer some products. 

I haven't tried those yet, because I'm not sure what color to get. I've never come across Ben Nye or Graftobian in stores and I've yet to try out Bobbi Brown products. I did try out Sonia Kashuk's concealer palette, but the colors were much too light. I thought about purchasing the new, darker version, but I don't think it's dark enough for me. 

I use a color corrector palette by Ben Nye and it's a little wheel with four shades. I'm fair, so my wheel has a tan brown, yellow toned, flesh tone and peachy tone. There's other options and I purchased mine online, just winging it with the selection after googling swatches/more detailed info. Nice part is that there are several colors to perfect and blend into a perfect shade for your skin. As far as concealer goes, I've been pleasantly surprised by a drugstore find, Hard Candy's Glamoflauge. It's heavy duty and outperforming the benefit Erase Paste, which I was previously in love with. With the Glamoflauge, I don't use the corrector because it covers that well! With correctors, you'll want to make use of color theory to cancel out/correct whatever imperfections you're concerned about. I prefer cream based palettes, because I use liquid or cream foundations.

I have thought about getting one of those palettes online, but it's so hard for me to know what color to get and I don't want to spend money getting something that will be the wrong color for me. I do have the Glamoflauge, but find it too yellow for my skin (since my skin already has yellow undertones). Maybe it's because I'm trying to match myself that I'm having such a hard time, but I can't figure out what color my under eye circles are! I'd really like some tips on how to do that. Thanks for your advice!

Have you ever tried Kat Von D tattoo concealer?

I have a horrible time with undereye concealers, none last in my undereye area, they all settle and/or melt away, and most do not offer enough coverage.

I heard someone else rave about using the tattoo concealer for the under eye circles, so I tried it, and it is now my HG concealer.

Of course I know color is super important, and that sounds like your main problem, so hopefully they will have an appropriate color for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Any theatrical makeup brand will get rid of them and also last long. Ben Nye, Kryolan, Mehron, Graftobian, Proface, etc. You can also create an optical illusion by applying matte orange lipstick before you apply your current concealer or even purchasing a salmon colored concealer. If you want to get rid of dark under-eye circles, I would recommend trying L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Eyes Ultimate Youth Eye Treatment. If you are looking for more of a natural remedy, I would suggest mixing black coffee with a little bit of eye cream and apply using a Q-tip.

Hi! I also have dark circles under my eyes and what I do is using a corrector, put some loose powder and then the concealer. i´ve been using some chanel makeup, the lift lumiere corrector and concealer, they are great also for oily skin. 

I love it cosmetics' bye bye undereye, they have a tan shade, though I don't know if it would work with your skin tone.

If yu have alot of concealers at home that you arent using because they arent good shades, try mixing them! You can add a bit of primer too and just mix them up and test them and youre bound to find your shade. My friend had dark undereye problems and she kept buying more and more concealers but none of them worked so i made her choose a concealer too ligt for her and one too dark and i locked her in her bathroomand made her mix them into a litle sample container and by the time she was out of the bathroom her dark undereyes were gone.

Originally Posted by lakiesha12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If yu have alot of concealers at home that you arent using because they arent good shades, try mixing them! You can add a bit of primer too and just mix them up and test them and youre bound to find your shade. My friend had dark undereye problems and she kept buying more and more concealers but none of them worked so i made her choose a concealer too ligt for her and one too dark and i locked her in her bathroomand made her mix them into a litle sample container and by the time she was out of the bathroom her dark undereyes were gone.
Hi!

I did the same thing that lakiesha12 says and it worked for me too. It´s better that way to cover them.

Try a color concealer like bobbi brown peach concealer, it's good to neutralize very dark circles and I've heard great reviews about it. It is supposed that you use a normal concealer on top of that but I know of people who don't use it and it works just fine.  

Latest posts

Back