Unexpected Mini-Haul!! :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ah... and I thought I'd be good till the PRO card came!! LOL

Tonight I went to the flea market to look for my Sketchers sneakers (buy a new pair every year, but haven't seen the kind I like, so I was shopping!) Anyway... I didn't find them, but I did pop into this one little store that sells all high end hair care (really cheap) as well as brushes, perfume, dryers, etc. Well it just so happens they were selling some MAC stuff!!!! He had e/s's... lip laquers, CCB's and pencils !! (as well as Bobbi Brown pencils & brushes!) All really cheap!!! The selection wasn't much, and they're were lots of duplicates (they were all in little plastic baskets up by the register) and I'm sure a lot of the colors are older, but that wasn't going to stop me!!!!
icon_twisted.gif
Each e/s was $6, the pencils (eye & lip) were $8, the CCB were $8 and the lipglosses were $7. They also had MAC liquid foundation (Studio something?) for $10, unfortunately he only had 4 colors... and also they had some Green Tea cleanser? (never saw that before) - I couldn't believe it!
icon_eek.gif
I got 4 eyeshadows, the Farouk Hair Toys hairspray that I absolutely ADORE (Also really cheap for $7.50) and a NYX lipgloss (he also had almost their entire line... minus the trios)

So... here's the mini haul!!

Pic #1 Is the Hair Toys Enviro 54 Photo Op hairspray & the NYX Lipgloss in Sweet Heart.

Pic #2 is the MAC shadows...

So I spent $34. Not too shabby! :icon_love

(Although I was hoping that these were rare enough to rake in $100 on Ebay like that other e/s sold for!!! LOL No such luck - highest was like $17) LOL

Awesome haul J! I love NYX & know you'll find them to be an amazing MAC replica.
smile.gif
Have fun w/your new goodies!
biggrin.gif

Wow Janelle, you hit the effin jackpot, didn't you? Great haul!!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ah... and I thought I'd be good till the PRO card came!! LOL Tonight I went to the flea market to look for my Sketchers sneakers (buy a new pair every year, but haven't seen the kind I like, so I was shopping!) Anyway... I didn't find them, but I did pop into this one little store that sells all high end hair care (really cheap) as well as brushes, perfume, dryers, etc. Well it just so happens they were selling some MAC stuff!!!! He had e/s's... lip laquers, CCB's and pencils !! (as well as Bobbi Brown pencils & brushes!) All really cheap!!! The selection wasn't much, and they're were lots of duplicates (they were all in little plastic baskets up by the register) and I'm sure a lot of the colors are older, but that wasn't going to stop me!!!!
icon_twisted.gif
Each e/s was $6, the pencils (eye & lip) were $8, the CCB were $8 and the lipglosses were $7. They also had MAC liquid foundation (Studio something?) for $10, unfortunately he only had 4 colors... and also they had some Green Tea cleanser? (never saw that before) - I couldn't believe it!
icon_eek.gif
I got 4 eyeshadows, the Farouk Hair Toys hairspray that I absolutely ADORE (Also really cheap for $7.50) and a NYX lipgloss (he also had almost their entire line... minus the trios)

So... here's the mini haul!!

Pic #1 Is the Hair Toys Enviro 54 Photo Op hairspray & the NYX Lipgloss in Sweet Heart.

Pic #2 is the MAC shadows...

So I spent $34. Not too shabby! :icon_love

(Although I was hoping that these were rare enough to rake in $100 on Ebay like that other e/s sold for!!! LOL No such luck - highest was like $17) LOL

Originally Posted by keaLoha Awesome haul J! I love NYX & know you'll find them to be an amazing MAC replica.
smile.gif
Have fun w/your new goodies!
biggrin.gif
Thanks Gail! I have two NYX Trios... and they do seem VERY similar to MAC (but only $3.99 for a trio! LOL) Great items, and a cheap way to build up a nice stash!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Wow Janelle, you hit the effin jackpot, didn't you? Great haul!!! CH-CHING!!! WINNER!!! lol
I couldn't believe it! A cheap way to curb my MAC urges! LOL
wink.gif

The trios are cool aren't they? I think they sell for about $4.50, but it's still an awesome deal. Wait till you see their blushes, l/s, mascaras & n/p. I just love their stuff & for any aspiring MA who doesn't want to spend a ton of $$$ on products, the line is great for starter kits.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer nice haul!!!
what's so great about hair toys? how much is it usually?

Thanks J! Usually it's like at least $11 + depending on what you buy (like the price of Paul Mitchell, Biolage, or any other high end stuff - usually at least $10)
Everything in this line is awesome! It does exactly what it says it will. And you get these amazing results without feeling like you have a head full of gunk. This hairspray I love b/c you get awesome hold, but its not stiff or sticky AT ALL. It's like hairspray w/o the 'feel of hairspray'.. if you get what I mean - its hard to explain. But you can spray it on... THEN move your hair around or scrunch it into place... and it will stay all day. But yet you can still move it - and it doesn't feel like a helmet!

Their repair & shine line is Great on dry/damaged hair... my hair is so silky & shiny and yet (like everything) doesn't make your hair look or feel dirty or weighed down. They have a great thing going on there with this line... I have tried everything (from shampoos to waxes to sprays) and everything is just amazing. :icon_love

Originally Posted by keaLoha The trios are cool aren't they? I think they sell for about $4.50, but it's still an awesome deal. Wait till you see their blushes, l/s, mascaras & n/p. I just love their stuff & for any aspiring MA who doesn't want to spend a ton of $$$ on products, the line is great for starter kits.
biggrin.gif
Yeah, the trios are great! Nice colors! The drug store near my house sells them for $3.99 (I originally thought it was $2.99 - but I looked at the receipt, it was $3.99 - sorry guys! lol) but they seem to be as good as my MAC e/s!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

wow! i would have picked up stuff if it was that cheap too! lol. it's cheaper than the pro pans too.

lucky you found guacamole. that's hard to find for other people.

i like those two cream colors. i was lucky to pick up rio de rosa on ebay for cheap, but i haven't used it.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 wow! i would have picked up stuff if it was that cheap too! lol. it's cheaper than the pro pans too.
lucky you found guacamole. that's hard to find for other people.

i like those two cream colors. i was lucky to pick up rio de rosa on ebay for cheap, but i haven't used it.
icon_redface.gif

I'm still kinda new to the whole MAC thing, so I don't really know what's easy or hard to find... they had a bunch of these colors, so there's no shortage at the Attias Flea Market if anyone's interested! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks J! Usually it's like at least $11 + depending on what you buy (like the price of Paul Mitchell, Biolage, or any other high end stuff - usually at least $10)
Everything in this line is awesome! It does exactly what it says it will. And you get these amazing results without feeling like you have a head full of gunk. This hairspray I love b/c you get awesome hold, but its not stiff or sticky AT ALL. It's like hairspray w/o the 'feel of hairspray'.. if you get what I mean - its hard to explain. But you can spray it on... THEN move your hair around or scrunch it into place... and it will stay all day. But yet you can still move it - and it doesn't feel like a helmet!

Their repair & shine line is Great on dry/damaged hair... my hair is so silky & shiny and yet (like everything) doesn't make your hair look or feel dirty or weighed down. They have a great thing going on there with this line... I have tried everything (from shampoos to waxes to sprays) and everything is just amazing. :icon_love

thanks for letting me know! i'm gonna look into this line! thanks again
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks for letting me know! i'm gonna look into this line! thanks again
smile.gif
no prob... I found them at the show last year, and I've loved them since! They are more easily found online than around where I am... (Ulta doesn't have that line, only BioSilk) so it was hard to find... but now I can at least get the spray there at the Flea Market - and I'm using my Repair & Shine from the show - then, when thats done, I'll just probably order online.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Awesome haul Janelle! Guacamole is gorgeous! I even have a back up of it! x Thanks !
wink.gif
It is a really pretty green... and for $6 - it's even prettier!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Nice haul ...and I LOVE Guacamole! Always fun to get something really cheap ..alot cheaper than regular price! Oh yeah! LOL Especially since it feels like its taking forever to get the pro card - nice to calm the urges a bit!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Great haul Janelle! I wish i could find a place like that in Ireland
smile.gif
You find everything at the flea market! LOL Except my Skechers I want... go figure... anyhooo - speaking of shoes, I went to "Love My Shoes" on lunch to see if they had my sneaks, (naturally they didn't) but I saw a pair of flip flops that caught my eye.. LOL But I couldn't make up my mind whether they were weird n' ugly... or kinda funky n' cute. LOL
icon_redface.gif
Well, I tried on a pair, and the comfort won me over! LOL They are by "Sugar" (same co. that makes the makeup) and they're called "Floaties". They are made of the same material they make those keychains for boaters so that if you drop your keys in the water, they float. They also are making pool rafts out of it. It's a thick squishy foam covered in vinyl. They are SOOOO comfy! Your foot just sinks in! But they are kinda wide, and I wasn't sure If they would look stupid. But ya know what... I really don't care! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
They're great for summer pedicures & the beach...
wink.gif
Here's some pics. (Come's also with a 'floatie' keychain and 'repair kit' in case they rip LOL) And they come in a bunch of colors... here's a link to some... http://www.cottonisland.com/products.php?id=42

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You find everything at the flea market! LOL Except my Skechers I want... go figure... anyhooo - speaking of shoes, I went to "Love My Shoes" on lunch to see if they had my sneaks, (naturally they didn't) but I saw a pair of flip flops that caught my eye.. LOL But I couldn't make up my mind whether they were weird n' ugly... or kinda funky n' cute. LOL
icon_redface.gif
Well, I tried on a pair, and the comfort won me over! LOL They are by "Sugar" (same co. that makes the makeup) and they're called "Floaties". They are made of the same material they make those keychains for boaters so that if you drop your keys in the water, they float. They also are making pool rafts out of it. It's a thick squishy foam covered in vinyl. They are SOOOO comfy! Your foot just sinks in! But they are kinda wide, and I wasn't sure If they would look stupid. But ya know what... I really don't care! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
They're great for summer pedicures & the beach...
wink.gif
Here's some pics. (Come's also with a 'floatie' keychain and 'repair kit' in case they rip LOL) And they come in a bunch of colors... here's a link to some... http://www.cottonisland.com/products.php?id=42 Not to worry Janelle, Momma ordered the skechers for you online before, they should be here within 3 days!!!! LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Not to worry Janelle, Momma ordered the skechers for you online before, they should be here within 3 days!!!! LOL
wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanx!

Great haul, Janelle! I just got Guacamole from MAC online for $13... you got yourself a deal!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
That shop is quite a find!

Latest posts

Back