University of Makeup (universityofmakeup.com) Has anyone been to this school? If so how is it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked out The Robert Jones Academy? He is the national trainer/ training co-ordination for Mary Kay (but he does not push MK products in his videos or even say the names of his colors). He has several really good makeup books on the market as well as a YouTube channel with some free video tutorials that he posts to frequently. The academy goes into a lot more detail on facial shap, eye shape, skin tone and undertone, eyebrow shape, even makeup and grooming for men. He goes over a ton of stuff and does offer a free certificate when you finish each level. I actually learned quite a bit from his video and tutorials, and he's just really good at teaching. He's fun and well spoken, you actually want to continue the learning. You can pay monthly or yearly and he has a few different levels of membership. The basic one was only about $15 or $16 per month. It's self paced so you can go as fast or slow. I would venture to guess this is probably as good, dare is say, even better the the majority of the ones listed. Because you can pay monthly, it's not like you are out hundreds of dollars if you don't like it. Sometimes it does take a day or two for them to respond to you, but they do always respond. I have had a really good experience with this academy. It's not accredited, but it will offer a good solid foundation and understanding for you. Www.robertjonesacademy.com (I think that's the address). If not just google it and it should come right up. You can also find him on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Which course did you end up taking? And did you find it was worth it? The prices don't seem too bad. I was just wondering if  too the fundamental course to try it and then decided I wanted to do the pro or bridel course, how much overlap in classes where there?

Back