Update on Jergens Natural Glow...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just had to share - I've been using Jergen's Natural Glow (Fair) for about 3 days now, and last night my husband looked at me and said, "Got some sun, huh? Looks good, honey." I just smiled. Hee hee. This stuff really works. I finally found Jergens Natural Glow for Medium Skin tones on the shelf at my drugstore. I'm trying that next.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Just had to share - I've been using Jergen's Natural Glow (Fair) for about 3 days now, and last night my husband looked at me and said, "Got some sun, huh? Looks good, honey." I just smiled. Hee hee. This stuff really works. I finally found Jergens Natural Glow for Medium Skin tones on the shelf at my drugstore. I'm trying that next.
wink.gif
They had 4 whole shelves full of it at Wal-Mart...I should have bought some. Next time I see it, I'm definitely gonna get it. It's going to be my last stab at self-tanning!

I am going to try it. I usually wear pants most of the time and even though my complexion is olive toned, my legs are a scary white. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Marisol I am going to try it. I usually wear pants most of the time and even though my complexion is olive toned, my legs are a scary white. Thanks for the tip! Marisol, you sound like me..olive but very fair. I used the one for "Fair" skin tones, and it gave me a nice golden glow. Today I finally found the one for Medium skin tones, so I'm gonna give that one a shot. Hopefully, it will still look natural. I also don't like to use it on my face. It has Mineral Oil in it, I'm afraid it'll break me out. So..I also don't want my face to be a totally different color than my body!!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Marisol, you sound like me..olive but very fair. I used the one for "Fair" skin tones, and it gave me a nice golden glow. Today I finally found the one for Medium skin tones, so I'm gonna give that one a shot. Hopefully, it will still look natural. I also don't like to use it on my face. It has Mineral Oil in it, I'm afraid it'll break me out. So..I also don't want my face to be a totally different color than my body!!
icon_redface.gif
Solunds like me. What store did you find it at? I have a Target and Walgreens near me so I may check those stores out.

Originally Posted by Marisol Solunds like me. What store did you find it at? I have a Target and Walgreens near me so I may check those stores out. I found the "Fair" at Safeway, believe it or not. And I found the Medium at Longs Drugs. Every time I checked Target they were out. Maybe you can call ahead and ask? Perhaps someone will be nice enough to hold it for you.

cool! i'll have to check it out. do you know how many "shades" it comes in??

you should write a review for it
smile.gif

You know, Liz, I totally forgot about that!
redface.gif
I will certainly write a review. As for how many shades..I'm not sure about that.

Originally Posted by Liz cool! i'll have to check it out. do you know how many "shades" it comes in??
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz cool! i'll have to check it out. do you know how many "shades" it comes in??
smile.gif

I think it comes in two shades - fair and medium. I have both, but the fair looks better on me; the medium turned me orangey and streaked. That's probably because my legs are really white, though.

I used the Jergens Natural Glow lotion in the Fair tone. I liked it and the color looked way natural but after llike 4 days of using it i started getting like really really small bumps on my chest and neck area. Not like a ton but just a significant amount that wasn't there before. I stopped using it and they eventually went away. I dunno why it did that! I also used it at night after my shower and then slept. Was that wrong?
icon_neutral.gif
lol.

Originally Posted by skinisin I like the Fair tone as well. I haven't tried the medium but I'm scared that it will be too dark. I'm very fair and the Natural Glow has given me a natural tan look. I haven't experienced any bumps that you mentioned and like you, I apply it after my shower (waiting until my skin is dry) and then I go to bed. I always wait until the lotion is fully dried before putting on my pjs. I love this product.
Silly question: what is the active ingredient that causes the tan? Is it safe for long term use?!

Just wanted to welcome you to MuT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you. Happy to have you here!!

I finally broke down and bought this (the fair one) but before I use it I want to ask all of you who've tried it if it has that awful self-tanner smell. I want to be prepared! Let me know.

NO it does not! I was so excited because I was dreading that smell too.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I finally broke down and bought this (the fair one) but before I use it I want to ask all of you who've tried it if it has that awful self-tanner smell. I want to be prepared! Let me know.

I use the medium, and I think it has a mild self-tanner smell. I do however have the super sniffer that can smell tons of things that no one else in my family can smell.
icon_redface.gif
I have not had a problem with the medium streaking. I'm not olive, but not quite fair either.

from the product description it may have been the mineral oil. mineral oil is known to clog pores and cause major breakouts!

Originally Posted by whoaitschell I used the Jergens Natural Glow lotion in the Fair tone. I liked it and the color looked way natural but after llike 4 days of using it i started getting like really really small bumps on my chest and neck area. Not like a ton but just a significant amount that wasn't there before. I stopped using it and they eventually went away. I dunno why it did that! I also used it at night after my shower and then slept. Was that wrong?
icon_neutral.gif
lol.

Originally Posted by skinisin I like the Fair tone as well. I haven't tried the medium but I'm scared that it will be too dark. I'm very fair and the Natural Glow has given me a natural tan look. I haven't experienced any bumps that you mentioned and like you, I apply it after my shower (waiting until my skin is dry) and then I go to bed. I always wait until the lotion is fully dried before putting on my pjs. I love this product.
Silly question: what is the active ingredient that causes the tan? Is it safe for long term use?!

Hi skinisin...sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy, but thinking about your question. There are a few ingredients that I do have some concerns about. For example, the mineral oil I know is not cool..there is also DMDM Hydantoin which I believe is a toxin of some sort. There are quite a few other ingredients that I can't pronounce nor do I know what they are. I'm not sure what ingredient or ingredients are actually the tanning agents but there are also of plant and flower extracts (jojoba, avocado, olive, etc.). It's good to err on the side of caution, especially these days 'cause these companies don't necessarily look out for your health. Perhaps this is a product I will use sparingly and not daily. Just for when I really need some color. I will also try and do some more research. Let me know if you come up with any thing that's more "natural" that works!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back