UPDATED: Woman tortured for at least a week, officials say

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  • Story Highlights
  • Six West Virginians charged with kidnapping, torture and sexual assault
  • Logan County Sheriff's Department answered anonymous tip Saturday
  • Tip directed authorities to house where they found woman with stab wounds
  • She limped toward the door with her arms held out, saying, "Help me."
(CNN) -- Six West Virginia residents have been charged with kidnapping, torturing and sexually assaulting a Charleston woman for at least a week, the Logan County Sheriff's Department said Monday.
Sheriff's deputies went Saturday to a Big Creek, West Virginia, residence in response to an anonymous tip that a woman was being held against her will, the department said in a news release.

As they spoke with a woman on the front porch, "a female inside the residence limped toward the door with her arms held out, saying, "Help me."

The 23-year-old woman had stab wounds on her left leg and bruises around her eyes, authorities said. The wounds were about a week old, the release said.

"Deputies found her with two black eyes, part of her hair had been pulled out, she had lacerations on her neck, and she had been physically, mentally and sexually abused," Logan County Sheriff W.E. Hunter said.

The victim was forced to eat rat and dog feces and drink from the toilet, according to the criminal complaint filed in magistrate court, The Associated Press reported.

Deputies arrested Frankie Brewster, 49; her son Bobby, 24; Danny J. Combs, 20, of Harts, West Virginia; and George A. Messer, 27, Karen Burton, 46, and Alisha Burton, 23, all of Chapmanville, West Virginia. All six were held Monday in lieu of $100,000 bond each, and all have asked for court-appointed public defenders, according to AP.

Charges range from kidnapping and torturing to malicious wounding and battery.

Those arrested are white and the victim is black, and the FBI plans to investigate it as a possible hate crime, according to AP. The sheriff's department requested the FBI's participation, an agency spokesman told AP.

SOURCE

sadno.gif
Rat and dog feces?? I'm speechless right now. I'll post something later.
frown.gif

Wow. Rat and dog poop. That's just plain sick and disgusting. Poor woman. I hope they get whats comin to them.

It sickens me to read something like this...and I don't know how ppl can bare to watch something like Saw and Hostel when things like this do actually happen in real life. Sure, it's only a movie and they're making a lot of money off of it...but every time one of these torture movies comes out, I can only think somewhere out there in the world, someone is being tortured.

I don't even know how cruel and evil ppl like that could exist in this world...but I hope they do get what's coming to them.

OMG that's just awful.....I can't even imagine what would motivate someone to do that??? Sick.

Oh my God, I will never understand how someone could be able to do something like that.

you know what ****ing kills me? that people still think its a "possible" hate crime. Of course its a hate crime. If the tables where turned, trust me, it would all over the news.

::shakes head::

This story sickened me. I thought it was 2007. How can one person do this to another person, regardless of race? I hope the judge buries them under the jail!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif you know what ****ing kills me? that people still think its a "possible" hate crime. Of course its a hate crime. If the tables where turned, trust me, it would all over the news.
::shakes head::

I agree.

It's disgusting. I'll never understand how one human being can do this to another.

Nobody regardless of race or gender should have to go through that!! Plus she is young and will be scarred for life. This story pissed me off in so many ways, I just.........I don't know
frown.gif

Latest posts

Back