Ur outdoor Make-up look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So your going to spend the afternoon outdoors.....say for a picnic or bar-b-que?! You want to look cute(of course) but not too made up...........what makeup do you wear?!

you can wear tinted moisturizer. i like laura mercier's the most, but i like mac's also. and then you can wear like shimmery tan, champagne, or pink colors. something where you think "spring" like rosey pink cheeks or something

I wear

light foundation+the always necessary amount of concealer

light pink blush

shimmery pastel colors on lids

usually no lipgloss, it bugs me to have sticky stuff on my lips, so I only wear it to go out or if I feel like I have to look my best
wink.gif

if i am going to a picnic or bbq and it's hot and i am going to sweat i don't wear much make up at all. i may just do my eyes and that's it. cus who wants to sweat all their make up off? i don't.

Yeah, that is kinda what I had in mind............I don't like wearing lipstick to a bar-bq or picnic, I have been trying out some tinted lip balms and glosses but I can't seem to find one that I love. I am really looking for something ylbb with a little bit of shine and a slight tint of color but very natural looking.

I have tried neutrogena tinted lip balms (my fav. so far)

and Burt's bees...I love the texture but the colors look horrible on me.

So I am still searching...........Any suggestions?!

I mean if you are running out to the grocery store.....what do you put on your lips?! just lip balm or lip gloss or what?! Please name some specific ones so that I can check them out. Thanks

Originally Posted by charms23 Now that it's almost summer, I think I would wear some neutral colors that are slightly shimmery, mascara, a little bit of bronzer, and very light colored lipgloss or nude l/s.

there are the mac tinted lip conditioners. they come in pots and in a stick. stila lip glazes, but those are more of a gloss.

i've just been using rosebud salve to moisturize my lips.

MAC's lip conditioner is awesome (and tastes yummy). The only other ones I've tried are Neutrogena & Burt's Bees, sorry!
wink.gif

My favorite l/g is MAC Viva Glam V (awesome with Whirl or Stripdown liner) -- great everyday color!

I'd say, make sure you have sunscreen or foundation with an SPF and concealor where you need it. Cream blush has good staying power & I'd just curl your lashes and put on some mascara. If you want to do eye makeup, try a MAC powerpoint pencil like Stubborn Brown or Engraved (waterproof, yay!).

I dunno, I'm low maintenance when I'm just hanging out. As long as I have sunscreen, concealor and some mascara, I'm good to go.
smile.gif

I would use:

SUNSCREEN!

A Powder Foundation (I use MAC Studiofix Powder Foundation)

Brow Pencil

Waterproof e/l

A natural blush or bronzer

A tinted lipbalm or light l/s (of course, use lipbalm with spf under whatever you use for color)

An *maybe* add a wash of a MAC paint (I like Stilife).

Originally Posted by DallasGirl So your going to spend the afternoon outdoors.....say for a picnic or bar-b-que?! You want to look cute(of course) but not too made up...........what makeup do you wear?!

I just wear the same thing as always since I never look that made up:

- Foundation, concealor, powder to hide acne and shiny, oily skin

- Mascara (Maybelline Lash Expansion or Full n Soft, and always waterproof)

- Shimmery white or brown e/s (if I could find some mauve or berry e/s I liked I'd wear those to!)

- Eyeliner (sometimes .... depends on the look I'm going for)

- Lipgloss on occasion (If it's an event centered around eating I don't bother since I don't want to reapply it. I also tend to skip it for just running to the grocery store or somewhere where I doubt I'll see anyone I know. I'm just not a l/g person.)

If I'm in a hurry or wanting to be casual, or if I think my e/s will sweat off, I skip l/g and e/s, and just wear eyeliner, mascara, and all the face mu since I don't like my skin
frown.gif

One trick I've learned to make eyeliner last: If I put a layer of loose powder on my lids under my eyeliner, all of my eyeliners have the staying power of waterproof liners regardless of whether they actually are waterproof! (And it works with every brand of loose powder I've tried -- pretty amazing since my lids are oily and my eyes are so deep-set my eyeliner sometimes rubs on my browbone!) If you want to skip the e/s, you can wear a colored eyeliner, I have a purple liner that I like!

If you want a mlbb lipgloss, most light pink or nude shades seem to work for me. I just buy drugstore brands, and all the lighter shades I've tried basically go on sheer and just add shine and maybe shimmer. So far I've tried Almay Whipped Lipgloss in Pinched Pink, IsaDora Brilliant Lip Shine in Sorbet, and IsaDora Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Angora Pink. (Maybe if I tried some darker shades, they'd actually add color to my lips! lol) If you want something that has the full (ie opaque) color of a lipstick but goes on like a lipgloss, I like L'Oreal Endless Liquid Lipcolor, I like it in Forever Blushing (a pale, shiny pink; paler than my actual lip color).

Latest posts

Back