Urban Decay 3/27/12 News

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried the new formulation yet but I can tell you that I am not thrilled with the new shadows being $1 more expensive. I also think that having to spend over $100 to create one of these custom palettes with only 6 shadows is too expensive for my taste. I will stick to pre-made palettes which are more bang for your buck!

Originally Posted by Thugluvgrl187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried the new formulation yet but I can tell you that I am not thrilled with the new shadows being $1 more expensive. I also think that having to spend over $100 to create one of these custom palettes with only 6 shadows is too expensive for my taste. I will stick to pre-made palettes which are more bang for your buck!
I know! The palettes are quite bulky too, since you are just popping the single shadows (pots and all) into the holder.

Does anyone know if the old UD singles will fit into the palette? I only have 4 singles and I would love to put them together along with the shadow it comes with and then just buy one more. But if the old ones don't fit, I don't want it!

Originally Posted by NewlyObsessed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if the old UD singles will fit into the palette? I only have 4 singles and I would love to put them together along with the shadow it comes with and then just buy one more. But if the old ones don't fit, I don't want it!
You can wiggle them in with a bit of force, but it could warp the palette slightly. I don't know if I would do it personally

I'll just bank on winning the huge palette!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

holy cow, $128 for a 6-shadow palette?? I'll just stick to depotting.

fyi the book of shadows IV fit into the rollergirl and midnight cowboy palettes--they're like the perfect travel size, 4 pans + pencil liner. just got a razor and spent a few minutes depotting my favorite shades :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. anyone know any other palettes that use those square pans?

Originally Posted by NewlyObsessed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ehh I'll pass. There's no way I'm forking out >100 bucks for a 6 shadow palette.
Yes, I agree. I like the idea of the palette, but if the old shades aren't meant to fit into it, then it's not practical for me cost-wise. $128 is steep for a six-shadow palette, and I don't wear UD enough to justify it.

I didn't get a chance to see about depotting and refitting into the new palette, but this wasn't really meant to be like a new palette sale.  It's more the introduction of the new packaging of single shadows that have the side benefit of being super easy to "depot" and put into a very durable, travel friendly case with a huge mirror.

(I mean think of how many of you have purchased eyeshadow singles, fallen in love with them, then gone to travel and find it annoying to pack 6 singles?  A few years from now when you have at least a few of the new shadows, the case will be really convenient to have.  Plus, if you like the Walk of Shame color, then you pretty much get the case for free.)

Most makeup companies make you work to depot and palette their single shadows, and UD just made it really simple for you to do yourself with no extra tools.

Make Up For Ever singles are easy to depot, and you can get their palettes free if you buy 3 or more shadows.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get a chance to see about depotting and refitting into the new palette, but this wasn't really meant to be like a new palette sale.  It's more the introduction of the new packaging of single shadows that have the side benefit of being super easy to "depot" and put into a very durable, travel friendly case with a huge mirror.

(I mean think of how many of you have purchased eyeshadow singles, fallen in love with them, then gone to travel and find it annoying to pack 6 singles?  A few years from now when you have at least a few of the new shadows, the case will be really convenient to have.  Plus, if you like the Walk of Shame color, then you pretty much get the case for free.)

Most makeup companies make you work to depot and palette their single shadows, and UD just made it really simple for you to do yourself with no extra tools.
I'm sure some people differ but I think many people love UD because of their very affordable palettes and deals so something like this deters them. Even if I love one or 2 shadows to me it just does not make sense to purchase them for almost $20 a pop when I can spend a few more bucks for an entire palette. I've been buying UD for 8 years and I only own 2 Shadow singles...one I got for free from Myglam and the other was given to me. I own almost the whole line just from a handful of palettes. And when I run out of one shadow (like I just did with ransom) I'd much rather spend the extra $20 and get 8 more almost full sized shadows than to pay that for just 2 singles. And I know some people are saying it saves space, but it is not a tiny palette. It's easily as big as my ammo and deluxe palette put together and they contain like 20 shadows total. I do think it's a nice idea, but I think most people are put off that they are not offering a better deal...discounts if you buy a palette and fill it, that it's encouraging people to buy shadows they already have but "reformulated" in the new packaging so they fit this palette, and also how bulky the system is in comparison to other companies. They aren't the first to do this and they aren't even doing it the best or most cost efficient in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make Up For Ever singles are easy to depot, and you can get their palettes free if you buy 3 or more shadows.

I was just about to post that...their palettes are much more convenient and a better value in my opinion. Inglots and Stila's are nice as well and all are more compact than the UD one per 6 shadows.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gifI was just about to post that...their palettes are much more convenient and a better value in my opinion. Inglots and Stila's are nice as well and all are more compact than the UD one per 6 shadows.

I have Stila palettes, and really like them. Their shadows come in refill pans though, so no depotting.

But that is kind of the thing though, that UD is going in the right direction with refillable palettes but they need to lower the price point. The majority of people would rather nearly fill a 20 pan Inglot palette over only 6 Urban Decay shadows.

Back