Urban Decay Book of Shadows V

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since my local Ulta had it's grand opening today several reps from different companies were on hand today. I spent about an hour with the Urban Decay rep chatting. She and I are both in agreement that The Vault (which she has, lucky duck) can make the clouds part, the angels come down and sing. She shared a few secrets with me which I am of course passing along a couple.

The first is that Urban Decay will be launching a LIQUID foundation line! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Some of the foundations will be yellow based which is perfect for me since almost all the other lines are orange or pink based. The second is that she confirmed that there WILL BE a Book of Shadows V scheduled for release in late October or November (she said November but it's possible it'll launch in late-October depending on if UD changes their time on it). What will BoS5 be? No idea, she didn't share any info OTHER than there will possibly be new colors in it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Price point: Around $55.

Once more official info and pictures are released we'll have that info to share. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooh, thanks for the information! I'm curious to see what their liquid foundation line is like. I hope there are some new colors in the Book of Shadows V!

Oh jeez I'm excited for the liquid foundation line!!! It's so weird they are planning on a book of shadows V when they have said numerous times they are retiring them. I'm hoping they make one with shadows, blush, and highlighter.

Also I LOVE when Ulta or Sephora get Urban Decay reps in. They are always so friendly and give you the best hints at new products. I haven't had one in town in over a year so hopefully soon one will come my way 
smile.gif

Ohhhh a new BOS, they will have the new shadow formula! Woo hoo! I read on Temptalia that the 15th anniversary set is the new formula which I totally and completely adore.

I'm sure it will do better than the BOS4. I think the BOS4 was such a fail, the speakers, the lack of pigmentation in the 4th BOS compared to the other ones & the price, which is probably why the BOS4 is the first one that's ever been on sale. I remember the BOS1 was $45, BOS2 was $48, BOS AIW was $52, BOS3 was $54 and BOS4 was up to $64! Glad the price point for the 5th one is around $55, which isn't too big of a jump since BOS3. I had all of them, but sold my AIW because I never touched it for the same price I got it for (I also bought it because it was selling out so fast everywhere!). Hope to see some nice colors in BOS5, more bright and bold colors instead of a bunch neutrals :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> & I'm sure that there should be no more perversion, since it's being discontinued! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't have the 1st BOS or AIW, but I do have 2 through 4 and the Anniversay palette.

I think I'm the only person who really likes my book of shadows IV lol. Granted I only paid $20 for it, but aside from the bulky packaging I thought all the products were really nice. I do hope the next one is full of either new colors or brights since I'm tired of passing on so many palettes because I own almost all the shades already. 

Amber I like mine too. The liquid liner in it was a surprise HG product. It is my go to liquid liner, and I hate liquid liner lol! I even bought another in Siren.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amber I like mine too. The liquid liner in it was a surprise HG product. It is my go to liquid liner, and I hate liquid liner lol! I even bought another in Siren.
The liner was also my favorite product. I already have woodstock but I plan on buying the new gold one as well. I swatched it at Ulta and it was by far the prettiest gold I have ever seen. 

Yeah, since it went on sale, I purchased it. Mainly for the liner though, but for some reason, the one that I received was dried up so I was sent a replacement and the perversion one burned my lids o.o.. I have it in woodstock and that one didn't burn my lids like perversion did. Black liquid liners hate me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm the only person who really likes my book of shadows IV lol. Granted I only paid $20 for it, but aside from the bulky packaging I thought all the products were really nice. I do hope the next one is full of either new colors or brights since I'm tired of passing on so many palettes because I own almost all the shades already. 

I love my BOS4, only paid $23 for mine off Ebay

But I know what I need to start saving for!!
headphonedance.gif

Urban Decay is on Hautelook today, including BOS IV last time I checked.

Don't listen to your boyfriend...what does he know anyway?

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i wanna buy the 24/7 set eyeliner for $19 =/ but my boyfriend is telling me to just get the book of shadows iv -sigh- it's okay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha i'm really considering to get it.. i barely wear makeup and i have a bunch of stuff >.> haha did I mention that he's paying for it?

On the other hand, yes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i shouldn't listen to him.. i think that i'm going to get one of the set of eyeliners and the book of shadows iv.

heheh i like how you think ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> which one would you prefer? the electric or naked set?

Originally Posted by WarPaint1739 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't listen to your boyfriend...what does he know anyway?

Latest posts

Back