• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Urban Decay flash sale! Free build your own palette...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Buy 2 eyeshadows, get a free build your own 6 pan palette and free shipping. Only good until 8 PM PST on 11/15/12.

I think its just the singles. It automatically addeed the BYOP to my cart though, so I'd experiment, lol.

Originally Posted by hahaurbleeding /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It comes with walk of shame too! I caved... I got woodstock and snatch... pretty excited! 
This flash sale got me, too.  I was going to pass until I saw they finally discounted their deluxe shadows to $8.  I only have one (Scratch).  So, I got all the ones that weren't made permanent before they start selling out and then two new eyeshadows (Bordello and AC/DC) to get the palette.  I couldn't say "no" to UD shadows at drugstore prices!  There were some neutral shades like Underground, Ruthless, and Shag I always wanted - along with the bright ones.

There are not too many UD eyeshadows left that I don't own. Between various palettes and then their $9/6 single shadow sales, I just about got all the colors.  Not quite but it's getting close... Offhand I can think of Mildew, Freakshow, Kush, Peace, and Radium.

I got Bordello and AC/DC this time so that the Feminine palette wouldn't tempt me anymore.  I'll give my little sister the GWP (small bottle of All-Nighter) for Christmas and the "Walk of Shame" eyeshadow.  (I have bought two singles of Walk of Shame on eBay - it's one of my FAVORITE favorite mattes to start looks.)  I'll probably sell the palette on eBay - but since it is a 6-slot holder maybe I'll keep it.

I also got another honey "Lip Love" gloss since they had another $4 shade.  I like that gloss!

-L

I really thought about indulging but I couldn't figure out my perfect palette, I googled swatches and everything.  I'll line up my favorites and double check what I already have in palettes and make up my mind so that the next time there is a sale I'll be ready.  I'm kind of looking for something similar to Naked 2 which I have but without all the shiny glittery bomb.  I'd like a palette with a few neutrals and a purple and a maybe a nice green.  I have brown eyes and fair skin.  Any favorites that anyone has to recommend?  I don't mind satin or a little shimmer but not too much glitter fallout.  I wish UD would put a few more mattes in their lineup.  Who knows, I'll have to check out the satins that I have and see if those are similar with just a little sheen and lots of pigment.  I kind of like duochromes as well.  Now you see why I couldn't pick my favorites to make the perfect purse palette for me - so many to choose from and I'm indecisive.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm kind of looking for something similar to Naked 2 which I have but without all the shiny glittery bomb.  I'd like a palette with a few neutrals and a purple and a maybe a nice green.  I have brown eyes and fair skin.  Any favorites that anyone has to recommend?  I don't mind satin or a little shimmer but not too much glitter fallout.
I'm not sure if you have any other UD palettes other than Naked2, but I'd recommend:

* Buck, Sin (from Naked1)

* Roach, Secret Service (dark matte), Sellout (great highlighter or those days you look tore-up and want to brighten your eyes - use it all over)

* Chase (BEAUTIFUL), Mushroom (a cult fav that is finally a single), and either Lost / Stray Dog are all good choices too!

* MILDEW is the perfect green for the win with brown eyes.

Purples: I love Asphyxia if you're into BRIGHT.  If you want more toned down I'd consider AC/DC, Last Call (really pretty w/brown eyes).  You also can't go wrong with Psychedlic Sister or Gravity.  

If I was going to fill a build your own palette (5-slots since it comes with Walk of Shame) I'd go with: Sellout, Mildew, Mushroom, Stray Dog, Secret Service.  AC/DC and Roach would be the top alternates...

-L

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if you have any other UD palettes other than Naked2, but I'd recommend:

* Buck, Sin (from Naked1)

* Roach, Secret Service (dark matte), Sellout (great highlighter or those days you look tore-up and want to brighten your eyes - use it all over)

* Chase (BEAUTIFUL), Mushroom (a cult fav that is finally a single), and either Lost / Stray Dog are all good choices too!

* MILDEW is the perfect green for the win with brown eyes.

Purples: I love Asphyxia if you're into BRIGHT.  If you want more toned down I'd consider AC/DC, Last Call (really pretty w/brown eyes).  You also can't go wrong with Psychedlic Sister or Gravity.  

If I was going to fill a build your own palette (5-slots since it comes with Walk of Shame) I'd go with: Sellout, Mildew, Mushroom, Stray Dog, Secret Service.  AC/DC and Roach would be the top alternates...

-L
Awesome post! My favorites are definitely Sin, Mushroom, and Mildew!!!

Ahhh!  I thought about this but I can't justify another pallette.  I recently purchased some UD eyeshadow closeouts and I'm having fun with those colors but It's really fun to see your photos.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does this include the on-sale eyeshadow palettes too? I've been eyeing cherry, which Sephora hasn't restocked yet...
The Urban Decay site might still have it.  I bought Cherry for $6 last week on the sale page. 

Latest posts

Back