• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Urban Decay Friends and Family 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating if I want anything. I added stuff to my cart but shipping. Ahhhhhh! I hate paying shipping.

I have a few UD palettes I never use as is so I'll most likely end up passing. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got Glinda, the Mariposa palette, the Deluxe shadow box, a single of Mildew (old formula), and a Lip Junkie in Runaway.  Quite the haul and under $90 - excited!

So tempted to get mariposa.I still have other palettes I haven't finished with similar colors but of course ud shadows are easier to blend.

Last week I bought Maripose, Urban Ammo, and Deluxe Palettes and Frigid deluxe shadow. I hate when a discount becomes available right after I buy stuff. I guess now I'll have to order some full priced stuff with the 20% off.

I'm torn between the ammo or mariposa. I love the neutrals in ammo but the brush in mariposa.... I don't want to get both.

Originally Posted by Carmela DeJesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm torn between the ammo or mariposa. I love the neutrals in ammo but the brush in mariposa.... I don't want to get both.
I love entire bottom row of ammo, but I figure there's ammo in the new formula and mariposa isn't in the new formula. So I'd go mariposa.

@Carmela I would get Mariposa the packaging is really cool the palette is in a tin and I saved the cardboard it came in as a small tray, also includes a travel sized brush. There's a new version of Urban Ammo you could get later.

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yayayayay! So excited. Bought Glinda, Naked 2 & travel size eye primer in original. Haven't tried any UD before so I'm super excited!!
You bought my favorite things!  I know you'll love everything! 
biggrin.gif

Thanks ladies for the advice. Looking at it, I don't have real good dupes for the mariposa shadows but I have lots that could easily pass for the ammo ones.

Plus the brush in mariposa is wonderful bonus.

Torn between Naked & Naked 2.. Do any of you ladies have both & have one you use more than the other? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought I read somewhere that one is better for warmer skin tones & the other is better for cool skin tones, but I can't really tell!

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Torn between Naked & Naked 2.. Do any of you ladies have both & have one you use more than the other? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought I read somewhere that one is better for warmer skin tones & the other is better for cool skin tones, but I can't really tell!
I had both, ended up giving naked 2 away, because I rarely touched it. No matter how many new palettes and shadows I buy, I always go back to my naked 1. of course, ymmv.

@allistra I would get the 2 if you are only planning on buying one palette. I use it a lot more than the original. I think the colors better suit my fair/light complexion (cool toned) and I like the packaging better.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@allistra I would get the 2 if you are only planning on buying one palette. I use it a lot more than the original. I think the colors better suit my fair/light complexion (cool toned) and I like the packaging better.
Naked 2 has half warm and half cool colors, while Naked has mostly warm colors.  Being a cool-toned person myself, I bought the Naked 2.  I bought it when it was 20% off, and it still isn't that great a deal, since I rarely use the warm colors.  But, it is such an iconic palette that I wanted to own it.  Love Urban Decay.

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do have both palettes, but if I could only choose one I'd go with NAKED2 because it includes a double-sided eyeshadow brush and mini-lip junkie. Plus, I feel like the NAKED2 has better matte shadows than the original. 

Btw, I freaking LOVE this sale!

I just placed my second order within a week, I have a problem lol I love sales!

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just placed my second order within a week, I have a problem lol I love sales!
Lol! I'm so tempted... 

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol! I'm so tempted... 
I'm just happy that I am stocked up on some extra Naked Skin foundation I hate not having a couple of back ups because last time I ran out it was sold out every where lol. I'm excited to try their mascara too!! I also got some eye primer, Naked Skin Beauty Balm, some eyeshadows and a Naked Good Karma optical blurring brush.

Back