Urban Decay Smoked Palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking at this at Sephora and I was like, "oooh, so pretty! I want it!" but then my husband was like, "those colors are really dark, I haven't really seen you wear stuff like that very often. It is really nice though" He did a good job of not only paying attention to what I do wear, but also unintentionally reminding me exactly why I don't need it. 
It's definitely a special-occasion/going out palette for me, same with the 15th anniversary palette. I have so many neutrals for the office, though, that it's nice knowing I have alternative colors for nights out now.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking at this at Sephora and I was like, "oooh, so pretty! I want it!" but then my husband was like, "those colors are really dark, I haven't really seen you wear stuff like that very often. It is really nice though" He did a good job of not only paying attention to what I do wear, but also unintentionally reminding me exactly why I don't need it. 
Smart hubby. I used to hate taking my husband with me when I went beauty shopping but now I love it. He gives me honest opinions exactly like that and makes me think twice when I want to jump on something.  Or when I get excited over anything swatched he'll make a comment like, "You already have so much similar stuff." or "You never wear colors like that." Saves me money and keeps it realistic.

I love this palette bc now I can travel with just my Naked palettes and this and have a wide variety of looks for any occasion.  Now UD needs to release an all bright palette and I'll be good to go.

A friend who knows of my love for Urban Decay surprised me with this!

I'm not sure how I feel about it though. I already had five of the colors (Perversion, Loaded, Rockstar, Evidence, Mushroom) I wish they'd either A. done at least twelve shadows. B. More new colors, less colors from the permanent line, or C. Both. 

I feel like UD gained a lot of new customers with Naked and Naked 2 that are more traditional with their look than Urban Decay's original fanbase, and Urban Decay is catering more towards new customers while trying to throw some bones to the old. It's disappointing.

The colors and the lookbook are fantastic, there's no denying that. Asphalt has very mild rainbow shimmer! I'm just not thrilled overall.

Back