Urban Decay Smoked Palette?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Beauty Junkies Unite has a sneak peek to Urban Decay's new "Smoked Palette".

It comes with 10 eyeshadows, where 5 are exclusive to the palette as well as a full sized Perversion pencil liner & a deluxe sized primer potion. It also come with a "Get the look" book. What are your thoughts about this palette? It is priced at $49, worth getting?

http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2012/06/27/reviews-swatches-photos-urban-decay-smoked-palette-kinky-freestyle-mushroom-backdoor-blackout-barlust-rockstar-evidence-loaded-asphalt-perversion/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+beautyjunkiesunite%2FcyXQ+%28Beauty+Junkies+Unite%29

Picture from Beautyjunkiesunite.com

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally, I'd pass on this. This doesn't seem as exciting to me.
I agree & I already own 5 of the ten colors in that palette. The swatches of the "exclusive" colors seem dupeable.

This actually looks like something I would really enjoy and use as often as my naked palette. Too bad I won't be buying UD anymore. I love the looks of all of those colors, and I need a perversion liner anyway. 

I should include that I would never buy/have never bought a UD eye shadow single, so I usually don't have the colors in their palettes. 

I wanna see what looks are in the lookbook. I'm curious if these are actually wearable looks.

Nope. I'll be passing on this. Don't get me wrong, I still love UD products despite the whole China scandal but having gone to IMATS and having been introduced to so many other companies and products I can dupe those colors elsewhere for less.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. I'll be passing on this. Don't get me wrong, I still love UD products despite the whole China scandal but having gone to IMATS and having been introduced to so many other companies and products I can dupe those colors elsewhere for less.

True, not everyone will think it is a good value.

UD's eyeshadow formula works really well for me, and their liquid liner is holy grail status for me. So between the shadows and liner it is a good value to me.

As mad as I am at UD I know I'll end up with this...no point in denying it 
banghead.gif

These shades are all screaming my name. I love Loaded and Rockstar is an absolute favorite of mine. Mushroom works so well with tons of different eye combos but I do have that one over and over already. I don't like the price point. Seems a bit steep in comparison to what some of their best value deals have been (BoS, 15 Anniversary palettes, Naked palettes) but I'll know it'll end up in my collection. And 4 of the e/s look matte! A rare find in a UD palette!

Edit: A 29 page look book with 14 different looks!! I feel a little better now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

So pretty :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Def want it, but not at $50 : I feel like I probably have 1/2 the colors in that palette just from my BOS IV & Naked. Rockstar is so pretty though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Edit: A 29 page look book with 14 different looks!! I feel a little better now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.
The look book is definitely drawing me in. At a first glance, the pallet doesn't draw me in at all, then I read there would be a look book. That makes it a little bit tempting, but I'm thinking I can buy a look book itself... BUT UD one??!! Where can I find that? ugh... temptation

It definitely seems like a good value, however, I'm just not into UD palettes. They don't appeal to me at all, on any level.

This is definitely a pretty palette, but I can't see myself spending that much money on it! I dunno, maybe if it ends up in their clearance section. 

At first glance I said I would pass... but after looking at it awhile, I want it!   I have wanted Mushroom, Rockstar, and the Perversion pencil in my collection for a few months now.  I am a disaster at the smoky-eye look, but I love bright and/or neutral eye looks.  I would use blackout and asphalt on the lashline.

Backdoor, Blackout, Freestlye, and Kinky are all matte shadows. 
headphonedance.gif

I have the non-LE colors already, and I don't fancy paying $50 for the 5 LE ones, especially since there's only really one that catches my eye.. 

However, I could have sworn I have an UD shadow by the name of Asphalt that looks just like that.  I'm going to have to go through my 'shadows and see what I'm thinking of.

Backdoor, Blackout, Freestlye, and Kinky are all matte shadows.  :headphonedance: I have the non-LE colors already, and I don't fancy paying $50 for the 5 LE ones, especially since there's only really one that catches my eye..  However, I could have sworn I have an UD shadow by the name of Asphalt that looks just like that.  I'm going to have to go through my 'shadows and see what I'm thinking of.
I believe Asphalt was a cream eyeshadow

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe Asphalt was a cream eyeshadow
That's it!  I pulled it out last night of my drawer of "really old, but I can't stand to get rid of it" stuff, lol.  I used to love it as base for blacked out lids.  Also, I think I was mentally combining it with Goddess, even if that one isn't silver sparklies.

I just called Macy's Urban Decay counter to find out when I can actually purchase this. They had no clue what I was talking about lol really?.... Then I called Ulta, and they said they'll be putting them out tomorrow. Woohoooo I cant wait to get my hands on this palette!!! 
yey.gif

Latest posts

Back