Urban Decay

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got an email from Urban Decay that they put a bunch of new stuff on sale in their sale section.

Alot of the things in the sale section before today were what was on sale on Hautelook, but they added a bunch of new things like the concealer pencils and the Cowboy Junkie set.

There's so much I want to try. I love the Quincera bag, but I don't need another makeup bag. I already have a million from the gift with purchase. The concealer looks interesting, but I'd have to buy the grindhouse to sharpen it.

Has anyone tried the Urban Bride kit? It's got a full sized PP as well as, mini/travel Surreal Skin powder, mascara, setting spray, lickable body powder and lipgloss. The Surreal powder has always interested me and I've been wanting to try the setting spray as well.

I bought Urban Bride a few months ago on sale because it was a fun way to pick up several things I might not have otherwise tried :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought Urban Bride a few months ago on sale because it was a fun way to pick up several things I might not have otherwise tried :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you end up liking everything in it?

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you end up liking everything in it?
Nope, which is why I was glad to get it. I knew, going in, that I wouldn't care for the lickable powder (that's fine, it went into an Xmas stocking). The lip gloss was given to my roommate's daughter. The setting spray and primer, I liked, but I use such small amounts of those that it will be a while before I need to purchase those (although I will). The mascara and finishing powder were useful, but nothing that I'll buy again.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, which is why I was glad to get it. I knew, going in, that I wouldn't care for the lickable powder (that's fine, it went into an Xmas stocking). The lip gloss was given to my roommate's daughter. The setting spray and primer, I liked, but I use such small amounts of those that it will be a while before I need to purchase those (although I will). The mascara and finishing powder were useful, but nothing that I'll buy again.

Ok thanks.

I know I won't use the body powder and I don't think I'll like the lip gloss because apparently it's like peppermint/mint flavored and I hate those. The only things I'm curious to try are the setting spray and the finishing powder. I love the primer and use the mini I have everyday.

I thought the powder would be a powder foundation, but it looks like it's not.

I guess I'll try and find something else to get.

The colors in the midnight cowboy set look really pretty so I might get that. I haven't tried the Burbon 24/7 liner, but I love the 24/7 liners so I know I'll like that.

I hate posts
wink.gif
like this because I end up reaching for my wallet! LOL Must not go look! *resists*

Yeah, who am I kidding. I'm going to go look. LOL

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate posts
wink.gif
like this because I end up reaching for my wallet! LOL Must not go look! *resists*

I'm ALMOST glad that I'm broke till payday, because otherwise....I'd be looking. And spending. And I'm TRYING to be good.

I actually really liked everything in the Urban Bride kit. Some I definitely use more than others, but I still even enjoy that goobery marshmallow powder from time to time. I also like the Rollergirl palette and the Quinceaneara bag.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate posts
wink.gif

Once I got the email and went and looked at the stuff I wanted to buy it all.

I shouldn't really be buying anything, but I keep telling myself that I have the money in my bank account and I will be getting paid soon so it's ok to buy stuff now incase they sell out quickly haha.

I've noticed alot of the smaller palettes like the Midnight Cowboy always go on sale so it's better to wait until they go on sale than pay full price.

LOL I'm the same way Liz! I have money in the bank, I have money coming in soon so why not just get one more item, right? LOL *looks up at Sephora bag sitting on top of computer*

I think there comes a point when I really have to admit that I'm too obsessed with Urban Decay. Went to look at the new sale items this morning and realized I already own EVERY item on the sale list except the concealer pencils (don't come in my shade), the makeup bag, cowboy junkie palette, temporary tattoos, and body glitter kit. Not sure if I feel accomplished or ashamed 
plain.gif

I really liked the Urban Bride kit. The makeup setting spray is nice, the body powder is fun, UDPP is always a good thing to have around, and I love their lip glosses. I think it's a nice little set for the sale price. 

And btw did anyone else see that the heavy metal glitter liners were on the sale list at around 8am? I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but I was going to pick a few up and they are no longer on sale. 

must.. resist.. urge to buy.. it's so dangerous now that I've memorized my credit card lol. usually the laziness of "ehh, I have to walk to the other room and get my wallet?" puts me on hold. The rollergirl palette is tempting.. and the midnight cowboy..

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Surreal powder has always interested me and I've been wanting to try the setting spray as well.
I have the foundation, and the packaging is pretty annoying. the product is supposed to feed into a sponge, which you use to powder your face. in theory it'd be convenient, but you really have to punch your face to get any product out; the sponge isn't that soft, either. better with a brush, but as you can see there's no filter tray, so using a brush is just a messy hassle. also, if you care about ingredients and stuff, the only two listed are parabens lol

I love the urban bride set, I actually got it when it was full priced though. The finishing powder works wonders for me, and the mascara is pretty good too. I ended up getting their setting doorway for oily skin instead of the one included. I love and use everything in it, so it was a great value for me personally.

Everything I don't own for the sale section I picked up during the Hautelook sale! Ugh way too obsessed with UD. I'm still looking through to see of there is ANYTHING I need/want. Resit!

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And btw did anyone else see that the heavy metal glitter liners were on the sale list at around 8am? I don't know if that was a mistake or not, but I was going to pick a few up and they are no longer on sale. 

Only one shade was on sale the pale pink one, groupie. I don't really know what happened that it wasn't on sale anymore...

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the foundation, and the packaging is pretty annoying. the product is supposed to feed into a sponge, which you use to powder your face. in theory it'd be convenient, but you really have to punch your face to get any product out; the sponge isn't that soft, either. better with a brush, but as you can see there's no filter tray, so using a brush is just a messy hassle. also, if you care about ingredients and stuff, the only two listed are parabens lol

Do you find it covers well? I don't really check ingredients because I very rarely use anything on my face. Only if I feel I need it.

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only one shade was on sale the pale pink one, groupie. I don't really know what happened that it wasn't on sale anymore...

That's odd. I just checked and it's now full price. I at first thought it could have sold out quickly. Maybe they made a mistake and accidental put it on sale.

I have their glitter liner in baked, and I don't use it very much. I just find it's not piratical for everyday wear. It's nice to have in my collection though in case I ever need one.

Oh and about the bride kit, i think it looks pretty awesome if you would use the product or are interested in trying some. I was going to get it but i would almost never use any of the products other then the primer potions. It looks like a really nice set though. Also the cowboy junkie set is really nice, i just bought it for my sister who like glittery (or shimmery) eyeshadow. She's my older sister but i get her almost all of her makeup lol. I also have the Shadow Stash in the mail, the Shadow Pencils are amazing and the set is really cheap right not. I might go and buy another shadow stash and cowboy junkie set actually.

Latest posts

Back