Urrrghhh - Spyware

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friday night my daughter had a sleep over - her cousin ...and let her on her computer. Next thing I know ..there's a zillion things going on ..popups, etc. So ..for anyone that might come across this MONSTER ...it's called SEEVE.EXE. I'm not sure exactly what it does ..however it's MEAN and malicious. We had TWO anti-spyware programs on her machine ..but they did NOT remove the rascal ..neither did our anti-virus software. I did download Microsofts new BETA version ..and that cleaned up the other monsters that got on ..but this SEEVE ..had me seething!

REMOVAL: (WinXP)

Turn off the System Recovery option and reboot the computer. Then remove all traces of the program by doing a search for seeve.exe and delete it. Also run REGEDIT and find & delete ALL traces of seeve.exe. Once done, put the System Recovery option back on and you should be fine!

This just makes me want to find those folks that create this crap ..and string them up by the hairs on their nads!

Thanks for the heads up!! That is soooo annoying!!
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Friday night my daughter had a sleep over - her cousin ...and let her on her computer. Next thing I know ..there's a zillion things going on ..popups, etc. So ..for anyone that might come across this MONSTER ...it's called SEEVE.EXE. I'm not sure exactly what it does ..however it's MEAN and malicious. We had TWO anti-spyware programs on her machine ..but they did NOT remove the rascal ..neither did our anti-virus software. I did download Microsofts new BETA version ..and that cleaned up the other monsters that got on ..but this SEEVE ..had me seething!

Turn off the System Recovery option and reboot the computer. Then remove all traces of the program by doing a search for seeve.exe and delete it. Also run REGEDIT and find & delete ALL traces of seeve.exe. Once done, put the System Recovery option back on and you should be fine!

This just makes me want to find those folks that create this crap ..and string them up by the hairs on their nads!

if you use firefox it helps with pop ups, i have the microsoft anti spyware thing i also use spyware blaster that program stops your computer from going to sites that have bad things on them.

Naturally, did a check on my computer and seeve.exe did not show up on my computer. What is regedit? That is on my computer and has been since 2002. Is this supposed to be there? I'm computer illiterate sometimes, sorry.

Thanks for letting us know. I have gotten viruses in the past and they suck!

i HATE people who make viruses!!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

why would you want to make people's lives a living hell?!?! all we want to do is use our computers, but then they want to go and make something to f* it up!

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Naturally, did a check on my computer and seeve.exe did not show up on my computer. What is regedit? That is on my computer and has been since 2002. Is this supposed to be there? I'm computer illiterate sometimes, sorry. regedit is the area that people who don't know anything about the computer shouldn't mess with.when you go into start then hit run then type in regedit that is the regestry for the computer. for every program you have. but if you do not know anything about the computer do NOT do anything in there.

Oh, thank god I asked! When I typed it in and the files came up, I was like great I've got a f*****g virus! Duh, dumb ass! LOL.

I have SEEVE right now. I run the MS antispyware proggie too. The only way I can get rid of it is to restore my computer back to a few weeks ago when I didn't have it. I use Norton Ghost. I image my disks each week.

This is the ONLY way I know of to completely remove spyware other than reformatting the drive

Originally Posted by Naturally

Friday night my daughter had a sleep over - her cousin ...and let her on her computer. Next thing I know ..there's a zillion things going on ..popups, etc. So ..for anyone that might come across this MONSTER ...it's called SEEVE.EXE. I'm not sure exactly what it does ..however it's MEAN and malicious. We had TWO anti-spyware programs on her machine ..but they did NOT remove the rascal ..neither did our anti-virus software. I did download Microsofts new BETA version ..and that cleaned up the other monsters that got on ..but this SEEVE ..had me seething!

OMG that really sucks. I'm glad I didn't find it on my computer. There's no chance of you sharing it with the rest of us right.

Today when I got home from being out all day, I had 20 extra icons on my desktop. All spyware. WTF, I'll restore my computer tomorrow

Norton Ghost Rawks

Originally Posted by Anya1976

i didn't have it
smile.gif

Aw what a pain in the a$$. Glad you got rid of it though Kim & i hope you get rid of your spyware too Tony. MS Anti-Spyware rocks

so you search the C drive for seeve.exe?

i did it that way and nothing came up.

String them up by the hair on their nads....LOL....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally Friday night my daughter had a sleep over - her cousin ...and let her on her computer. Next thing I know ..there's a zillion things going on ..popups, etc. So ..for anyone that might come across this MONSTER ...it's called SEEVE.EXE. I'm not sure exactly what it does ..however it's MEAN and malicious. We had TWO anti-spyware programs on her machine ..but they did NOT remove the rascal ..neither did our anti-virus software. I did download Microsofts new BETA version ..and that cleaned up the other monsters that got on ..but this SEEVE ..had me seething!

Oh, I'll get rid of it alright. It will be gone when I install my old image of my drive tomorrow
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Laura

Aw what a pain in the a$$. Glad you got rid of it though Kim & i hope you get rid of your spyware too Tony. MS Anti-Spyware rocks

Aww Kim, what a shame.Things like that can drive one insane.Did you manage to get it fixed? I hope so.

Thanks for the info Kim
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back