Using Art Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey when I was shopping around at a local art store, I saw some real hair brushes that looked just like a foundation brush except cheaper. Have any of you guys tried that before? I was thinking of using it as a temp. brush until I get a real foundation brush.

Originally Posted by wafflebox Hey when I was shopping around at a local art store, I saw some real hair brushes that looked just like a foundation brush except cheaper. Have any of you guys tried that before? I was thinking of using it as a temp. brush until I get a real foundation brush. About 95% of my brushes I use are from an art store... I love them! They are so cheap, yet are just as good as anything you would spend 10x the amt. on. Do a search on art store brushes... we've had a few threads about it...
wink.gif

And welcome to MuT! not sure if we met... I'm Janelle, from NY - nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Janelle (NYAngel98) uses a lot of art store brushes and I'm pretty sure she has a foundation brush from there too. She'll be able to answer your question, for sure. yup yup yup!!
wink.gif

I love art store brushes!! Just make sure that you wash them really well. They put something in the bristles to make them still, but it will wash out easily with soap and water. It really isn't necessary to spend so much money on brushes made by the cosmetics companies. Art brushes work just as well. I particularly like using them for eyeshadow because I can really pack on the color with an art brush.

Latest posts

Back