Vanessa Hudgens Talks About Dealing with Her Nude Photo Scandal

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Vanessa Hudgens Talks About Dealing with Her Nude Photo Scandal

THURSDAY JANUARY 03, 2008 12:15 PM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

vanessa_hudgens240.jpg

Vanessa Hudgens says she's recovering from her scandal of late summer, when risqué private photos of her surfaced on the Internet.

"I'm much better now," the High School Musical star, 18, tells Seventeen magazine for its February issue. "But truthfully I don't like talking about it."

On Sept. 7, after the nude pictures made the rounds, Hudgens released a formal statement through her rep, saying, in part, "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me. I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos."

She now says of the intimate posing session, "It was something that was meant to be private, and even though it isn't anymore, I'd still like to keep it as private as I can."

Zac Efron's Reaction

Of the tempest that the pictures caused, she says, "It was very traumatic, and I am extremely upset it happened. I hope all my fans can learn from my mistake and make smart decisions. But I wouldn't have been able to get through it if it wasn't for my family, friends and fans, who supported me all along the way."

Asked how she had been informed that the photos had gone public, Hudgens answers, "I found out from my manager. We heard some story was going to break in the tabloids, and I was like, What?!? A few days later, the picture came out while I Was on vacation in Australia. Thank God, I wasn't home – it would have sucked if I was at home. So I got to be away from L.A. for about a millisecond. But when I came back, it got kind of crazy."

vanessa_hudgens240.jpg

While Hudgens does not directly address boyfriend Zac Efron's reaction to the photos, she does refer to him as "a friend and a cute friend who you like. It's nice."

Mom: 'Okay to Be Naked'

Came time to tell her mother about what had transpired, Hudgens recalls with a laugh, "I was just open with her, and she was just so cute. She was like, 'Well, everyone can be naked if they want to.' "

If there are lessons to be learned from the experience, Hudgens also says, "With the Internet these days, you don't have a personal life. Nothing is private: Everyone knows everything, and they can find out everything about you. You're not as safe as you think you are, and you have to be aware of the people you're around."

People.Com

Poor girl. Who doesn't take naked pics?? It sucks that hers were unwillingly spread to the whole world forever.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Poor girl. Who doesn't take naked pics?? It sucks that hers were unwillingly spread to the whole world forever. I agree. Thankfully, I never took naked photos but I sure as heck made a lot of stupid mistakes at that age and older and I thank the Lord that they've never been made public. Seeing how well she has handled, though, really makes me respect her.

Yeah she handled it really well. Thats why I found it irritating when stones were thrown by people - its like, come on! We've all done something - I do respect her for that.

Lol La Mari - I am sure he appreciated it.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah she handled it really well. Thats why I found it irritating when stones were thrown by people - its like, come on! We've all done something - I do respect her for that.
Lol La Mari - I am sure he appreciated it.

I agree with you, Saje.

Back