Verizon FiOS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
Anyone have this, or thinking about getting it? Verizon has called here a few times, and I told them we'd call if we wanted it. Of course, I never really sat down to check into it. My aunt had mentioned it previously, but we didn't go into a discussion about it. Yesterday I got an info packet, and today a salesman showed up. I went ahead and signed up for it since there's a 15 day trial period.

Supposedly it's 20 Mbps for max. downstream speed, and 5 Mbps for max. upstream speed. We currently have RoadRunner Lite, which up to 768 Kbps download stream and 128 Kbps upload stream... So, it seems like it's a better deal speed-wise... As for service, we'll have to see... We'll be paying about what we pay already in the end for all of the services we have between Verizon home phone and Time Warner digital cable/Road Runner.

ANYWHO! Any thoughts, opinions, or experiences?

Reaction score
I have Verizon Fios for TV and Internet. I love it. I really like the TV on demand stuff. I can watch any movie that is currently running this week at any time I want. For example XYZ movie is on TNT on Saturday night. With demand I can watch it whenever I want, without a tivo or DVR.

The internet is good too. Sometimes I have to reset my router (off then back on) but that is the only issue I have found.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kiari43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have Verizon Fios for TV and Internet. I love it. I really like the TV on demand stuff. I can watch any movie that is currently running this week at any time I want. For example XYZ movie is on TNT on Saturday night. With demand I can watch it whenever I want, without a tivo or DVR.
The internet is good too. Sometimes I have to reset my router (off then back on) but that is the only issue I have found.

Awesome deal! Thanks so much! I figure, if it balances out to what we pay now, why not? Only thing that I'm not liking is signing a 2 year agreement if we decide to keep it
frown.gif

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about Fios.

I would get it but I already have the Roadrunner version of it (Roadrunner has been running a campaign ad over here making fun of Fios and how RR has had FiberOptics for years). And I can do all the on demand stuff with roadrunner too. HBO on demand is the love of my tv life.

Reaction score
Also Comcast with a Internet/ TV bundle... Verizon has even stopped by the house many times trying to get me to change..... But for what I do I really don't need the extra speed? Like my email shoes up quicker? lol Comcasr has been great and we have had problems with Verizon phone service in the past so I'm leary... They don't have the TV here yet and he couldn't answer what would happen to the phone service if the power fails??

Cute comercials though..... "you should see his truck!" lol Why have have a stash of makeup in there!!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts