Video Music Awards

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're absolutely right lol. My boyfriend almost had a heart attack and pretty soon I couldn't take it either. I don't mind some rap, but enough is enough thats what the entire show was and everytime I flipped the channel back to see what was going on, it was another ghetto performance. Not to mention the shoot out that happened right after. Total disapointment and I liked Jimmy Falon as a host better=)

Originally Posted by Amethyst Did anyone watch this on Sunday night? I did. I usually watch every year. This one was a huge disappointment. I ended up turning it off at 10:15pm. 95% of the show was rap and hip-hop. I figured there would be more R&B and Pop music. The other 5% was rock music. It just seemed like every band on stage was rap and hip-hop and by the time I turned it off, I had a headache. I'm not a fan as you can see, but I really assumed that other genre's would be included. Every year there's normally a wide variety of music and performances.
And what the heck was R. Kelly rapping about? Talk about ridiculous!
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

there was a shoot out?!?!?! i didn't hear that!

Originally Posted by essentialskin You're absolutely right lol. My boyfriend almost had a heart attack and pretty soon I couldn't take it either. I don't mind some rap, but enough is enough thats what the entire show was and everytime I flipped the channel back to see what was going on, it was another ghetto performance. Not to mention the shoot out that happened right after. Total disapointment and I liked Jimmy Falon as a host better=)

Yup, it was in all the newspapers about the shoot out. I'm not surprised because anything involving rappers seems to follow with a shooting. I guess the rappers have a bad rap. (or rep)
icon_lol.gif
They want to be taken seriously as musicians/artists but I don't see that happening since trouble seems to always follow rap musicians.

Yes you didn't hear..soooo ghetto I swear. Shoog Knight or whatever his name is got shot..isn't this like the 4th time lol at 50 Cents after party how convenient. My BF said he was working at Beauty Bar and 50 Cents had a party next door and they caused a huge riot and people were shooting each other and the police had to close off the entire road. And then at the BET awards there was a huge fight again during the award show. Lesson is stay away from the ghetto parties lol.

And Paris looks like she was baking in the sun a little too long.

Originally Posted by Amethyst Yup, it was in all the newspapers about the shoot out. I'm not surprised because anything involving rappers seems to follow with a shooting. I guess the rappers have a bad rap. (or rep)
icon_lol.gif
They want to be taken seriously as musicians/artists but I don't see that happening since trouble seems to always follow rap musicians.

TVGuide agress with us:

I WANT MY MTV VMAS BACK: What happens when an awards-show host promises "anything can happen" and nothing does? You face the wrath of one A.C. Nielsen. Sunday's excruciating Video Music Awards averaged 8 million viewers, down a staggering 22 percent from last year and making it the lowest-rated ceremony since 1997. And Gwen Stefani thought she was the night's biggest loser. Hardly.

Back