Vitamin E Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone:) I just bought some vitamin E oil for my dark circles and I was wondering about how I should I apply it. Is it better to drink it or directly apply to my circles? Which method will work faster?

From the sounds of it, both. Here is an article from Livestrong

Quote: Using Vitamin E Oil for Dark Spots For treatment of dark spots on the skin, Health 911 recommends orally taking a 400 I.U. capsule of vitamin E oil each day, and at night puncturing another capsule, rubbing the oil directly on the spots and leaving it on overnight. Wheat-germ oil is the most natural form of vitamin E. Rub the oil directly on the spots and massage it into the tissue. Take into consideration that liver spots take years to form, and it will take time to get rid of them. The duration of time to get rid of the spots will vary with each individual.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/490363-vitamin-e-oil-dark-skin-spots/#ixzz1xpDK6s3Y

I never knew you could use vitamin E oil for this. I knew it's good for preventing scars but this info is interesting. Thanks!

Thank you Pancua for the article:) I guess I'll do both. The article says that I should take 400 I.U but the bottle of oil I have says 5 drops= 100 I.U= 333%, so anybody have any ideas of what I should do because I don't wanna overdose.

Originally Posted by arwa123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you Pancua for the article:) I guess I'll do both.

The article says that I should take 400 I.U but the bottle of oil I have says 5 drops= 100 I.U= 333%, so anybody have any ideas of what I should do because I don't wanna overdose.
I'd start at 10 drops, that would be approximately 200 IUs and then go from there. That is what I had to do with my Vit D meds in order to get them back to quasi normal levels. But please note, I am not a Dr, if you are concerned with overdosing, talk to your PCP.

Woah, that seems like a lot. I remember my doctor telling me to drink 6 glasses of water for my body weight so I'm assuming I should take less than the recommended amount for vitamins.

Originally Posted by arwa123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah, that seems like a lot. I remember my doctor telling me to drink 6 glasses of water for my body weight so I'm assuming I should take less than the recommended amount for vitamins.
I'd strongly suggest you talk to a Doctor but in the meantime, you can read up on Vitamin E here.

Latest posts

Back