Waaaaah!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My nose ring is... gone! I've had my nose pierced since I was 19, but since I'm now working FT at a law firm, I've been taking it out while I'm at work.

For one day (twelve hours) I didn't have my nose ring in cause I went to work and didn't bother to put it back in until later that night, and it's practically completely healed! It's gone! I can't put it back in anymore... it hurts too much and makes the hole bleed.
icon_cry.gif

I'm so sad. I loved my tiny nose ring.
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_cry.gif

My mom will be totally stoked though.

that sucks. that happened to me too but with my first tongue ring. i took it out for like an hour to hide it from my mom. i was gonna put in the clear flat one i had. could not put it back in.

i ended up getting it re-pierced like a year later. lol.

Aw man, that's a pity Jess. Can you get the piercing people to re-pierce it for you??

Originally Posted by charms23 That sucks Jess, but maybe you can have it re-pierced like Laura and Kim said? aww...Jess i feel you same thing happend to me...2 yrs ago i have nose pierce but it was a nose ring i lost...i took the pin that was in the pierce then...LOL now i did repierce again...
icon_lol.gif
now i won't take it off no more! i hope you can repierce it..

Maybe you can get i re pierced,just make sure you use some neosporin or something like that so the skin heals well.I have heared of people who had their holes close but then there was scar tissue so they had to go to a doctor to have it pierced just so it could close and heal right,weird i know.

Oh Jess, I'm sorry to hear that b/c I liked your nose ring on you.
frown.gif
BTW, how's work going?

JEEZ, TODAY'S FULL OF SAD POSTS!
icon_cry.gif

that sucks, jess! piercings may not seem like such a big deal, but i know if my ears closed up, i'd feel different!

It's weird that it closed up sooo fast since the nose is supposed to be like the cartilage in the upper ear. After you've had it for awhile, it will take forever to close. I've had it for about 6 years! That's a long time, if I do say so myself. My friend had his nose ring in for much less than 6 years; 2 years after he took the nose ring out, he could still put it back in! I heal too fast.
tongue.gif

I would re-pierce it but I don't think there is much of a point since I graduate next May and will have to take it out again for work. I just gotta let it go!

Gail, work is okay... I've been working pretty hard- I worked 9.6 hours on my first day! I have been working over 8 hours a day, probably working a lot harder than I need to be. Other law students are at larger and more competitive firms and they work less than me! What's that about!?!?
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that. In what field are you working in when you graduate? I know some professions are starting to become much more open to piercings. I have a friend with a tiny nose ring and she's a teacher and her principal told it was fine to leave it in even though she thought she would need to remove it!

I'm going into law. I just don't think it would be appropriate, even if they said it was okay.

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Sorry to hear that. In what field are you working in when you graduate? I know some professions are starting to become much more open to piercings. I have a friend with a tiny nose ring and she's a teacher and her principal told it was fine to leave it in even though she thought she would need to remove it!

LOL!

I'm glad I'm not graduating this month... that I means I have to go to work! I have to work this summer but at least I have school to look forward to for a break... OMG, I never thought I'd say that!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Wow, law. So are you graduating this May?
Edit: Duh. You said next May.
icon_redface.gif

Wow I didn't know it healed so fast....

Originally Posted by wongy74 My nose ring is... gone! I've had my nose pierced since I was 19, but since I'm now working FT at a law firm, I've been taking it out while I'm at work.
For one day (twelve hours) I didn't have my nose ring in cause I went to work and didn't bother to put it back in until later that night, and it's practically completely healed! It's gone! I can't put it back in anymore... it hurts too much and makes the hole bleed.
icon_cry.gif

I'm so sad. I loved my tiny nose ring.
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_cry.gif

My mom will be totally stoked though.

icon_frown.gif
I didn't know either!
icon_frown.gif

Tongues heal fast too b/c the saliva helps heal.

Originally Posted by lilla Wow I didn't know it healed so fast....

Originally Posted by wongy74 I'm going into law. I just don't think it would be appropriate, even if they said it was okay. Aww... that sucks - but at least you know you're a fast healer! That's always a good thing!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It's funny because a lawyer out near me that I've seen must've decided to become a lawyer at the last minute - he has tribal tatoos all over one side of his neck that probably starts much lower (I haven't asked him to strip lol) and goes up to just under his chin. It's funny looking when he wears a suit & has this giant tatoo on his neck. Guess law was an afterthought? lol
icon_eek.gif

Yeah, there are some students in my law school that have a lot of tats or large piercings. If they're okay with it, then that's cool but I'm now, you know?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aww... that sucks - but at least you know you're a fast healer! That's always a good thing!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It's funny because a lawyer out near me that I've seen must've decided to become a lawyer at the last minute - he has tribal tatoos all over one side of his neck that probably starts much lower (I haven't asked him to strip lol) and goes up to just under his chin. It's funny looking when he wears a suit & has this giant tatoo on his neck. Guess law was an afterthought? lol
icon_eek.gif

Jess, can you get it re-pierced?

Originally Posted by wongy74 Yeah, there are some students in my law school that have a lot of tats or large piercings. If they're okay with it, then that's cool but I'm now, you know?

Latest posts

Back