Wacky Japanese tools

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are just so wacky but leave it to the innovate Japanese or Koreans (not sure where these originated from) to come up with these guides.

Eyebrow guide:

Mascara guide (this I found sold on Amazon.com as well):

Hehe, I'm in absolute love with Japanese and Korean beauty tools and makeup styles and pretty much everything they do and when looking at things i find crazy stuff like those things all the time. It always gives me a good laugh xD sometimes they end up being really awesome though
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think a eyelash curler looks like a torture device

It definitely does! My sister had to convince me to try it when I was a teenager because it freaked me out so bad. 

I have the Mascara guide and it works great. i also use it when im applying my eyeshadow to prevent fallout

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think a eyelash curler looks like a torture device
I do too! I get squeamish every time I use one - I keep my hand REALLY steady because I'm so paranoid about ripping my lashes out.

I really like the Eyebrow Guide; I may have to get that!

Saw this at Toronto IMATS as well as a vibrating foundation sponge by IPKN. Those Japanese and Koreans love their gimmiky gadgets...

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Saw this at Toronto IMATS as well as a vibrating foundation sponge by IPKN. Those Japanese and Koreans love their gimmiky gadgets...
I couldn't help, but giggling, what am I? 10?

But I wonder hwo that works, cuz something I get tired of doing all the bouncing with my beauty blender

If any of  you live near a Daiso, it's a Japanese dollar store - but everything's $1.50, LOL. They have those mascara mask thingies there, along with other weird (and interesting) beauty products. I'll take pictures next time. 

You can also find these types of things at Mitsuwa (Japanese supermarket chain), and to a lesser extent Ranch99 (Chinese/Asian supermarket chain).

One awesome thing I did find there were reusable 30ml (1 floz) vacuum pump bottles to de-pot my Revlon Colorstay and Neutrogena foundations from those stupid glass bottles. 

I know in Seattle these kinds of tools are sold at Uwajimaya however they jack up the prices! LOL I was going to pick up the mascara guard but wasn't willing to pay $15 for it.

I have a quest for today! I shall roam the internets looking for a cheap mascara wand! I will report back with my findings :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that was easy, check ebay, they have a bunch that you can get for $0.99 including shipping :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back