Walmart launches subscription program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're lucky that you have a good Super Walmart, all three of ours are trashy, filthy and the produce tends to be rotting or near rotting/spoiling. It's also overpriced and while they'll match other store prices I won't shop at Walmart because of how disgusting the stores are. This is why I won't subscribe to their "Birchbox wannabe" box since I can't support a company that lies, manipulates and makes promises they have no intention on keeping.
You make Wal-mart sound like my ex, lmao.

LOL They must be related then. LOL

Depending on what's inside, and how much it costs, I might consider this.

I go to a fake super walmart for bulk supplies like litter and toilet paper when I'm too lazy to go to the fake super target. (They're both fake because while they do have food, they don't have as much stuff as real super versions and they're not open 24 hours).. but now that I get my prescriptions at Target, I'll probably shop at Wally world less often.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're lucky that you have a good Super Walmart, all three of ours are trashy, filthy and the produce tends to be rotting or near rotting/spoiling. It's also overpriced and while they'll match other store prices I won't shop at Walmart because of how disgusting the stores are. This is why I won't subscribe to their "Birchbox wannabe" box since I can't support a company that lies, manipulates and makes promises they have no intention on keeping.
I live in suburbia, and that's where the Walmart is, too. It's extremely clean, and they have lots of help. If the food wasn't fresh, no one would shop there because this is predominantly an Italian area. Italians are very picky about food, and we have plenty of food stores here. ( Whole Foods, Stop & Shop, small private grocery stores).  They wouldn't survive here if their foods weren't as good as the competition, and the prices weren't competitive.

I guess all WMs aren't alike, but we're lucky to have a good one here. 

Well, we have a Super Duper new Super Wal Mart with the "Market" area, etc. Had to go there late one night because other stores which sold what I needed were closed.,

I could smell the rotting and putrid produce the moment I opened the door... Texas heat and all that.. Flies were buzzing around..  I wouldn't trust ANYTHING they sold!!!

I also agree with the person who said that many fine small local businesses closed because of this bag of stench. I don't EVER go to Wal- Mart and I hope never to go there again in my hopefully long and happy lifetime!

Lol didn't know so many ppl despised Walmart. I prefer them than Target. But no thanks on their subscription lol.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you see a butt in the middle of Niagara Falls Boulevard, please let me know. It's mine. I laughed it off!
rofl2.gif

I have always preferred Target over Walmart but really started disliking them more after a crazy incident. 

Everyone was corralled to the cash registers and my husband and I being bored in the enormous line snuck off and ran into some employees who were making sure no one stepped in a huge puddle of blood. Turned out there there was a man that was bleeding profusely from a head wound walking around the shoe department.

Their most important priority was making sure the customers checked out before we left instead of dealing with the heavily bleeding man. We were in the store for over 20 minutes with the man with the man with the head wound walking around and no one did anything I never even saw an ambulance or police show up. No more late night visits to the shady side of our city for us.

There is never anyone to help at Walmart and it is a total dirty mess with toys with food on them even in the nice side of town. People who go to target don't tend to almost mow you down with a shopping cart like when I go to Walmart. Walmart's food section has the stench of rotting vegetables most the time.

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have always preferred Target over Walmart but really started disliking them more after a crazy incident. 

Everyone was corralled to the cash registers and my husband and I being bored in the enormous line snuck off and ran into some employees who were making sure no one stepped in a huge puddle of blood. Turned out there there was a man that was bleeding profusely from a head wound walking around the shoe department.

Their most important priority was making sure the customers checked out before we left instead of dealing with the heavily bleeding man. We were in the store for over 20 minutes with the man with the man with the head wound walking around and no one did anything I never even saw an ambulance or police show up. No more late night visits to the shady side of our city for us.

There is never anyone to help at Walmart and it is a total dirty mess with toys with food on them even in the nice side of town. People who go to target don't tend to almost mow you down with a shopping cart like when I go to Walmart. Walmart's food section has the stench of rotting vegetables most the time.
Well, I worked at Target and we weren't allowed to help injured people. We also had someone die in our bathrooms on the day after Thanksgiving, so that was fun, and things like that happened ALL the time. It's a rough job, although I'm not sure why the police weren't responding, they probably were called, at least that is how we operated. In my experience, police in a "rough" part of town won't respond too quickly to something that isn't an emergency of extreme proportions. But basically they probably called a code, and that is how they were trained to respond. 

People are disgusting, it doesn't really matter what store you're at.

When I worked at CVS in North Scottsdale (which is supposed to be a pretty luxe area) more than once, people would steal laxatives, leave the boxes on the toilet and their feces all over the toilet (seat included). I was thankful I worked in the Pharmacy so I didn't have to clean that up.

I have two super Walmarts near me and both are really nice. The only issue would be going late at night and having to stand in one checkout line with 20 ppl in it. As far as a subscription goes...I don't really see the point

I wouldn't subscribe, but I am interested to see what they put in it.

Luckily my local Walmart is decently nice and clean and the food is always decent, I've never had an issue with that - I just dislike them for personal, economical, and political reasons.

Looking for CoolTexan's posts and the replies? All of those posts were moved to the Advice & Rants area and renamed "Riff raff" since it seemed as if she was ranting about that topic. No more posts on that subject in this thread otherwise the posts WILL be deleted and I'll possibly issue infractions (violation of rule #1 & #3). While Walmart is not the BEST place to shop, we want ALL our members to be able to post without being made to feel like trash.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/126321/riff-raff/0_100

You are so funny, Zadi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looking for CoolTexan's posts and the replies? All of those posts were moved to the Advice & Rants area and renamed "Riff raff" since it seemed as if she was ranting about that topic. No more posts on that subject in this thread otherwise the posts WILL be deleted and I'll possibly issue infractions (violation of rule #1 & #3). While Walmart is not the BEST place to shop, we want ALL our members to be able to post without being made to feel like trash.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/126321/riff-raff/0_100

So, it's going to be called "Goodies."

The website is in private beta but you can sign up for an invite  and take a quiz.

I have to say the website looks really well done... But there's basically no info.

https://www.goodies.co/#splash

E-coli in a box? I don't think I'd trust it if anything in it is perishable. 

Back