Want a different look.What would suit my complexion?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm so sick of wearing the same eyeshadows and blushes all the time,but I'm unsure of what will suit my skin tone etc.As I am pale and freckly,I don't want to look too washed out or anything.The only color I wear on my eyes is goldy bronze but I don't know what other colours suit green eyes? The picture above is very recent.

I would just like some advice on how to create a few different looks day/night etc..

Thank you!

Mod note: Link deleted due to it being broken/missing.

Originally Posted by Kim Winter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2786887400721&set=a.1348765368569.2043324.1514378840&type=1&theater

Hi!

I'm so sick of wearing the same eyeshadows and blushes all the time,but I'm unsure of what will suit my skin tone etc.As I am pale and freckly,I don't want to look too washed out or anything.The only color I wear on my eyes is goldy bronze but I don't know what other colours suit green eyes? The picture above is very recent.

I would just like some advice on how to create a few different looks day/night etc..

Thank you!
I am also very pale and freckly, but with brown eyes. I agree with the post above, purple is flattering on pretty much everyone; temptalia.com has good posts on her top 5 purple eyeshadows. Check out makeupgeek.com, they have a lot of good tips for makeup that is specific to making your eye color pop. If you want to experiment with color combos before spending much money, play with Wet n Wild palettes. Defining your brows with a good powder and little bit of gel can change your entire look. I always get more compliments on my makeup when my brows are done. A very light dusting of the MAC pigment in Helium gives a subtle change over your standard blush.

Thanks for your replies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I never thought of using purple,i've been looking at different MAC shades as I hear so much about them.Are they really pigmented? I agree,defining eyebrows can make such a difference,especially if you want to look groomed without being over done.I've been using the body shop eye shadow powder recently,which is really good.

I think i'm going to try out some cheaper brands before i commit to something more expensive.I hear e.l.f is great and good quality.

opposites attract....remember that with eye shadows. If youre fair like me, you want a lighter blush. Something too dark will make you look drag-ish.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been using Bourjois little round pot blush recently and it's amazing.I only use a little bit like you said as with pale skin you've got to be careful but it suits pale skin so well.I use the shade 48.

Back