Wanted: Friends for Barbara Walters's MySpace Page

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
barbara_walters.jpg

She's butted heads with heads of state, endured the tug o'war between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump, even been mercilessly parodied on SNL – but there's one thing Barbara Walters admits intimidates her: her MySpace page.

"I am now on MySpace," the broadcast veteran, 78, told her View co-producer Bill Geddie on Barbara Live, her weekly Sirius radio show.

"What would bother me is if nobody got in touch with me," she admited. "What if … nobody wanted to be my friend. I would be very depressed."

Checking the computer to see just how many friends she actually does have on her MySpace page, Geddie was forced to inform Walters she has only two: MySpace founders Chris DeWolfe and Tom Anderson – who just happen to be two of Walters's 10 Most Fascinating People of 2007 to be profiled on her Dec. 6 ABC special.

"Nobody else wanted to be my friend?" said a disappointed Walters. "Nobody I went to high school with? … Nobody wanted to get in touch with me?"

Her sorrowful response prompted Geddie to offer a plea to listeners.

"If you're out there on MySpace, become a friend with Barbara Walters because it's so depressing to look at this," he said. "Really – just go on, say you love her or something, I watch The View all the time – something like that."

Said Walters, with tongue planted firmly in cheek , "And that's for real that nobody wants to be my friend? What have I done?"

I can't really imagine Barbara Walters sitting home alone in pajamas, eating oreos, watching bad Lifetime channel movies, and MySpacing...then, again...I can't imagine anyone in their seventies doing that.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't really imagine Barbara Walters sitting home alone in pajamas, eating oreos, watching bad Lifetime channel movies, and MySpacing...then, again...I can't imagine anyone in their seventies doing that. oh what a mental picture

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh what a mental picture
smile.gif
Not necessarily a good one...but definately a strong one.

Latest posts

Back