War Sucks...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son in law's deployment has been moved up to 11/7. The good news is that he has a 4 day leave and my daughter will be there with him. She flies to New York (Fort Drum) on the 1st. The closer it gets, the sicker to my stomach I get. I can't begin to tell you how much I hate this. I know we aren't the first or last family to go through this but it feels that way at times. Just venting a little. Yall WILL here me whine more as it gets closer so bear with me.

Sorry Kelly. My prayers are with you and your family that your son is ok out there.

any time you need to vent, you just let us know. That kind of thing is always almost harder on the people left behind than the people leaving
frown.gif

many hugs
hug.gif

i'm really sorry, kelly. i feel for you and your daughter and your son-in-law. i feel like toby will get deployed again soon and i don't even like talking about it when he brings it up. i just tell him to shut up, hoping that'll make everything go away
frown.gif

you know you can vent to us whenever you want. we're here for you!

Hope he stays out of harms way!!! My baber's son is over there and was in Afganastan before that.... Not fun to be on either end....

I can understand your pain and hopefully you can get peace be just knowing he is well respected for his service.

I, for one, am very proud of him for serving our country with honor and dignity as I once did.

He should hold his head proudly high as he is doing a great duty for his nation.

Thank him from me and my family.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif War does suck Im sorry this is happening ditto Kelly

My Son is also in the Army and i know how you feel, it is very upsetting, War will always be bad, i just wish there never was any

I went through the same thing in February. My best friend was in Kandahar, tll August. Those months in between are long and excrutiating, then once hes home, it seems like the time flew by. Its hard as hell to deal with. The second he gets home, and steps off the plane, its all worth it and you feel the biggest wave of pride, respect and relief all in one.

Yea it sucks. My friends husband leaves this sat or sun to go to Iraq. Shes really sad. They have a one year old and one on the way. Sucks.

Latest posts

Back