Wardrobe Essential Pieces for every woman!! :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i currently gave two garbage bag full of clothing to the Goodwill (sigh..goodbye my miss sixtys..
frown.gif
) and i want to start a new wardrobe.

i am not planning to spend alot on it, just looking for pieces i can mix and match with. the only clothes i have left is my lacoste shirts, 2 skirts, a pair of express jeans and a few solid color tanks with a lacy top. seriously, this is all i have now.

any suggestions ?

good idea with the blazer charms. those always look cute.

layering tops. those can be pretty cheap and you can mix and match stuff.

a pair of dark denim jeans to be more of a dressed up casual look.

black tops are always good. hehe.

if you have/want a lot of basic pieces, you can always jazz them up with accesroies.

Congrats on clearing out the old stuff!!! I need to do that too. I like GAP for basic stuff in neutral colors that can be easily mixed and matched.

cardigans!! I love cardigans.

"My favorite T" from GAP, I've got about half a dozen of those.

Khaki or other type of pant that isn't jeans. It seems like you might need pants more than anything.

Let us know what you end up getting!!

What kind of clothes are you looking for? Casual going-to-class clothes? Funky date night / clubbing clothes? More sophisticated clothes that you can still wear in several years or to work in an office?

I personally get a lot of my fashion advice from TLC's "What Not To Wear" (which I am watching at this very moment, lol). While I'm having a hard time finding all the clothes I want that both fit in my budget (since our mall is so darn small, no selection) and fit me (since I am so darn small, lol), but these are some the basics that I have or want in my own wardrobe .... Since I'm 24 and will be graduating soon, and since everyone always thinks I'm a lot younger than I am, I'm trying to find more "adult" clothes to make me look my age -- so I won't be mistaken as the college intern at work!

For teaching classes and going to church (and for my future job):

• Straight-leg or slightly flared dress pants with a mid-rise waist (about an inch below the belly button, not old-lady high waists or teenager ultra-low waist).
  • Knee-length skirts
  • Fitted button-up shirts
  • Fitted sweaters -- some I wear alone, some over a tank
  • Low-heeled not-too-chunky boots (comfy yet flattering!)
  • Dress shoes for wearing with skirts
  • Fitted blazers -- I don't have any yet though!
Casual Wear:
  • Lots of fitted t-shirts with v-necks or scoop-necks (more flattering and mature than crew necks I think), various sleeve lengths, in lots of colors!
  • Tanks for layering under the shirts with too low of necklines
  • Fitted sweaters for winter (many double for work or church)
  • Fitted, straight leg capris for summer (baggy or flared capris overwhelm my skinny legs!) A little more mature than some of my teenager super-short shorts
    wink.gif
  • Fitted, mid-rise, slightly flared jeans, preferably darker washes (darker washes are easier to dress up or look more mature, I think)
  • Khakis, straight leg or slightly flared, mid-rise
  • My same low-heeled sexy boots
    wink.gif
  • Flip-flops for summer ... I don't care if they're not "grown-up" shoes, they're my one guilty pleasure
    wink.gif
  • Fitted denim blazer for spring and fall (hubby finds this very sexy for some reason!), I'd kind of like to get a khaki or colored one too
  • Plus a few sexy shirts to pair with jeans for a date night
    wink.gif
I also like wearing lots of different colors, I get bored wearing neutrals or wearing the same color 2 days in a row! lol So even though a lot of my pieces are rather basic, most are bright or pretty colors!

3/4 sleeve button up collared shirts in solids or prints are great for mix and match, all seasons. Wear them over a tank top, alone or under a sweater!!

You can also seek out more tailored jeans (e.g. look at Capital Tailors to see the style I'm referring to)....so you can change up your style.

Originally Posted by eightthirty 3/4 sleeve button up collared shirts in solids or prints are great for mix and match, all seasons. Wear them over a tank top, alone or under a sweater!!
You can also seek out more tailored jeans (e.g. look at Capital Tailors to see the style I'm referring to)....so you can change up your style.

Good idea, I said I liked button-up shirts but I didn't specify that most of mine are 3/4 length sleeve. Long sleeves kind of make me look like I'm wearing a man's shirt (unless it's a very tight shirt to show off what little curves I have!) and short sleeves are pretty much restricted to summer or layering under sweaters. I love my 3/4 sleeve button-up shirts
smile.gif

wooo great ideas! i can't wait to start shopping!!

any suggestions on shoes? i use to have this denim strappy high heels..but sadly they are tearing after 4 years -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />|| that was my go-with-everything heels!

i love my puma mostros. pumas are like trendy sneakers. so if you want sneakers and don't want to look like you're going to the gym, my vote is for pumas.

a pair of strappy sandals are good to have on hand.

a pair of black stiletto pumps. looks great with jeans.

a pair of casual sandals. i LOVE my reef's! super comfy!

a pair of boots.

Originally Posted by Liz i love my puma mostros. pumas are like trendy sneakers. so if you want sneakers and don't want to look like you're going to the gym, my vote is for pumas.

a pair of boots.

WOW Great you have Cleaned...! Shippoing time,
for shoes i would say,

Boot, Like Liz Said Puma I love to wear them, Ofcourse hills with dress or jeans...let us know ur new shopping list...
icon_smile.gif

liz what do you think of these? i am looking for style.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Reef - Butter Black

By Reef

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=283>The Reef Butter is a stylish women's sandal with a square shaped outsole, a silky nubuck strap and footbed and a flattened mid-height wedge for everyday wear.

How can it get any better?

1539_Butter_BLA_1%20md.jpg

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Reef - Palm Beach - Brown

By Reef</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=283>Unique looking Reef flip flops

brown_0.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by Liz i love my puma mostros. pumas are like trendy sneakers. so if you want sneakers and don't want to look like you're going to the gym, my vote is for pumas.

a pair of boots.

those are good
smile.gif
i know a lot of chicks wear those. reef has a lot of different styles, so it's really up to what you like.

i actually have the men's reef sandals. but they're definitely more for the comfort than style.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MARIAN liz what do you think of these? i am looking for style.
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Reef - Butter Black

By Reef</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="283">The Reef Butter is a stylish women's sandal with a square shaped outsole, a silky nubuck strap and footbed and a flattened mid-height wedge for everyday wear.

How can it get any better?

1539_Butter_BLA_1%20md.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Latest posts

Back