Washable mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
(I've searched through the boards for a while and haven't been able to find a string on this topic. If it's been talked about before, please redirect me!)

Hello,

I'm looking for eye make up that's EASY to REMOVE. I know lots of people look for eye makeup that won't smudge during the day, but I have the opposite problem; mine won't come off! I adore the look of mascara and eye liner, but I'm hesitant to wear them since the removal process leaves me with sore, red eyes. I loved Lancome's Magicils, but I've kinda given up on mascara since they stopped making it. Waaah!

Or maybe it's a remover problem? I know there are good removers out there, maybe I just haven't found it yet. Lancome's Bi-Facil and Effacil don't do a thing for me. The best I've used so far is the Shu Uemura oil remover, which I use when I wear darker make up. But even still, I've all but given up on chemicals - physical removal seems to work best in my case. I rub my eye line on a towel after cleansing with three types of remover, and finish with a tissue. Even then, I still get some black under my eyes when I wash my face in the morning. *sigh*

Is there a mascara/liner that washes off easily without excessive rubbing? I don't want to pay for sparkly eyes with wrinkles five years down the road... Help please!

I know what you mean. I always look for anything that doesn't say waterproof. Right now I'm wearing MAC Fibre mascara. Tonight I just put water on them (no cleanser) and it came off.

I have a similar problem, it takes forever to take my mascara off. A lot of times it results in lash breakage or completely loss of individual lashes.

What I found that helps is to wash your face the regular way, with cleanser and water. You should end up with streaks of mascara running down your face, but that´s where the eye makeup remover comes in. The water seems to "loosen" a lot of the mascara already and it´s easier to wipe off with eye makeup remover afterwards.

HTH!

I use Aveda brand (supposed to be all natural products) mascara. Then I simply use their facial cleanser/remover or soap and water to remove it.

That reminds me, I'm about out of mascara. I need to make a run to the mall !!! GIGGLE GIGGLE

Latest posts

Back