Washing foundation,fluidline and concealer brushes weekly,too often?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wash my benefit foundation brush, mac 209 and laura mercier concealer brushes weekly, coz they just get so dirty! especially the 209, it dries and gets so hard after each use and i wish i could wash it everyday! but my only concern is that is washing your brushes weekly too often? will it damage my brushes? i really need your professional opinions!

I actually wash those brushes every single day. As long as I make sure I rinse them thoroughly, they are fine.

I usually wipe down my concealer and lip brushes with a baby wipe for everyday cleaning and then wash all of my brushes with cleanser every other week or whenever I do other peoples makeup.

I wash brushes that I've used w/ a gel liner or cream e/s as soon as I'm done using it. Thankfully, it's more once a week that I even use them LOL!

can someone tell me how to clean my brushes? My BE Kabuki brush is my favorite brush. I dont want to ruin it so i've been afraid to clean it.

I'm 39 but have just started buying some quality makeup tools and makeup...everything before now was pretty much disposable so I am not sure how I should care for my brushes.

Any brush that I use for liquid or gel i wash right away because when it dries they get kinda stiff.

the stiffness may be residual unwashed make up.

i presonaly wash my brushed after every use, but i also save money by buying a large number of my brushes at an art suply store rather than paying for over priced make up brushes that work the same

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif the stiffness may be residual unwashed make up. yes thats why i wash them. lol

i was mine like every other day and they are fine, i use the mac brush cleaner and it works great!!

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif I actually wash those brushes every single day. As long as I make sure I rinse them thoroughly, they are fine. same here. usually immediately after i use them.

Originally Posted by valley /img/forum/go_quote.gif can someone tell me how to clean my brushes? My BE Kabuki brush is my favorite brush. I dont want to ruin it so i've been afraid to clean it. if i don't clean my brushes regularly my makeup looks awful! i don't think you'll ruin it. i use baby shampoo, then mac brush cleaner as a rinse. squeeze out the excess liquid and lay flat to dry. i would suggest cleaning the day before you plan to use them. they should be just fine.

i wash my brushes when u use them which isn't often. I do use shampoo or soap and then a hair conditioner. Is there something that is more appropriate to use?

I wash my brushes every time I use them...with shampoo.

Sometimes I use some oil (almond, or that I've at moment) to remove foundation (not when I use MMU) or lipstick or gloss, and then, shampoo.

You can't believe how many residuates you can remove with oil!

Originally Posted by valley /img/forum/go_quote.gif can someone tell me how to clean my brushes? My BE Kabuki brush is my favorite brush. I dont want to ruin it so i've been afraid to clean it.
I'm 39 but have just started buying some quality makeup tools and makeup...everything before now was pretty much disposable so I am not sure how I should care for my brushes.

Check out this thread:https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...ipe-65074.html

I run my brushes under the faucet to remove any excess makeup, pour a little of this cleanser in a bowl and swish my brushes around in it, then I rinse them with clean water, spray them with leave-in conditioner, and lay them on a cloth to dry overnight. Afterwards, I use the left-over cleanser to wash my makeup sponges.

Personally, I don't wash my powder or blush brushes that often. I only use these brushes for a few swipes per makeup application and I'm not using that many different products on them anyway. Plus, these brushes seem to work better for me when they're a little dirty. But that's just me...

I spray diluted brush cleaner on paper towels and wipe my bruses down everytime I use them. Then I give them a good cleaning every other week. As long as you use good brushes cleaning them often won't hurt them, it will actually make them last longer

Originally Posted by valley /img/forum/go_quote.gif can someone tell me how to clean my brushes? My BE Kabuki brush is my favorite brush. I dont want to ruin it so i've been afraid to clean it.

i clean my BE kabuki with shampoo and rinse it well, pat the excess water with a towel, and let it dry.i don't use a cleanser everyday, though i like to use a tissue to make sure i take every remaining makeup on the brush. the only exception is my MAC 266, because with liquid eyeliner, i agree it get so dirty and hard you have to wash it just after.

i remember a MAC MUA was doing that too and advised me to do so.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wash those brushes every time I use them. If you condition them often they'll be okay. i remember some girl mentioned that a MAC makeup artist warned her not to use conditioner on the brushes, it'll do more harm and rarely any good to the bristles.

Latest posts

Back