Water free shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have naturally dry curly hair. Since my hair is so dry I can only wash it like every three days. I have heard that they make shampoo in powder or spray form that does not require water but yet refreshes your hair between washings. Has anyone tried such a product? Any recommendations?

Is your avatar of a lady smoking? I cannot tell.....

Originally Posted by FairyRave

I have naturally dry curly hair. Since my hair is so dry I can only wash it like every three days. I have heard that they make shampoo in powder or spray form that does not require water but yet refreshes your hair between washings. Has anyone tried such a product? Any recommendations?

I use baby powder in between washes to refresh my hair. I also like Pur Express from ccb-paris.com to refresh my hair. The baby powder is my favorite though. It really ads volume in my hair and makes it smell good. My hair dresser told me the trick once and I've been using baby powder ever since. Burt's Bees baby powder is my favorite over regular Johnson & Johnson baby powder. You just put some on your hands and run your fingers through the roots and then brush through.

I wish i'd blonde hair so i could do that Reija. All my blonde friends use it & i tried it once but it doesn't look so great on dark hair!!!!

I agree Laura and wish they made dark powder. This works great for blondes. I usually do this when I'm desperate and hope to look like I dont have a dandruff problem.

Originally Posted by laura127 I wish i'd blonde hair so i could do that Reija. All my blonde friends use it & i tried it once but it doesn't look so great on dark hair!!!!

ive tried bumble and bumbles powder shampoo (they do make it in a dark color) and i havent found it to be any better than a body powder at absorbing oil. i use lush honey bee-have body powder on my hair, because thats what i have on hand. its pretty much white, and my hair is nearly black. if i rub it in really well, its invisible. its also fluffs up my hair and gets rid of that greasy hair matting to itself look. lol.

are you looking for something to remove greasies, or just to refesh your hair in general? sebastians dry clean only hair refresher is nice. it removes all traces of a smoky smell, and it does do a bit to remove oil.

I was mainly looking for something to refresh my hair because my hair doesn't usually get oily.

just so you know, psssssst is available in europe, along with gee your hair smells terrific shampoo, and the original formula of herbal essences shampoo. how id love to get my hands on some of that. is smells soooo good.

Really Halo? Must go check it out. If you ever need a CP, let me know. If the products are available in Ireland i've no problem getting them for you
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 Really Halo? Must go check it out. If you ever need a CP, let me know. If the products are available in Ireland i've no problem getting them for you
biggrin.gif
thank you. ill keep that in mind.
smile.gif

i have no idea why they ever changed formulas. now that they have 101 different kinds, youd think that they would bring back the original.

I just discovered Psssssst even existed. I've yet to try it, but I think I'll pick some up before I go on my cruise. It seems like it would be handy after dips in the pool or something. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I'm opting for Psssssst b/c it's available at drugstores. I haven't seen SAMY's product at Walgreens yet, but I'll keep my eye out. I may have just missed it.

well, i recommend DOVE's Intensive Moisturizer of Dry hair and Thick Hair

Latest posts

Back