waterproof mascara in light brown? plz help a guy out!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm desperately looking for a light brown mascara that is waterproof. Or, even better, a way to waterproof mascara once I've applied it because that way it would be easier to correct mistakes while applying because waterproof mascara doesn't seem to budge. Which is of course why I want it...

I'm a transgender man and I can't yet grow a beard. Inch long bum fluff aplenty though. That just makes me look more feminine though oddly enough. But as soon as I put a bit of mascara on my sideburns it helps a lot (well, it still looks like I can't grow a proper beard, but a lot of guys can't, lol, so I'm not too worried about that. I just want to pass better so I don't look like I'm transgender, because a few bigoted people can be pretty shitty when they work that out).

I have the problem that all the waterproof mascaras either seem to be black, or occasionally turquoise, lmao. I've searched shops and tried the internet, but I can't seem to find anything in light brown (I'm bright blond, so even dark brown won't work for beard hairs).

Please, even if you just know of a non-waterproof mascara in the right colour that doesn't seem to smudge at all, that would really help me a lot.

Cheers!

Jim

I've seen at drugstores and some other places a product that should do what you want. It's not a mascara, it's temporary color used to hide gray roots on people who dye their hair. It has an applicator like a mascara (though i've also seen flocked wand applicators and even a stick form), I can't remember the name though. I also found this http://www.touchbackbrow.com/browmarker.html which could give a pretty decent impression of facial hair if you already know how to do your brows. Also, take a look at how Promise Tamang Phan fakes a beard when she uses makeup to look like males. Failing that, brown eyeshadow and a slanted brush can do wonders for you, especially if you seal them in with something like hairspray.

Covergirl Lashblast has a brown version- you should look it up. Idk if it's light enough for you but it's a pretty light brown. I also idk if they have it in waterproof, but it's available in washable and has good staying power.

Thank you both for your quick replies! 

I think I know what you mean for the roots, Turboweevel, though I'm not 100% sure. I'll ask at the store! It sounds promising and it's something I definitely hadn't thought of before!

I've used one of those brow pens before, but I don't think it would work for my beard hair. I don't want to paint anything on, that wouldn't work I think. I just want to make the hairs I have look a lot thicker and darker.

And thank you 13Bluestar97 for that recommendation. I just googled it and they don't seem to do it in waterproof, but if it really is a lightish brown, that could work well.

Do you reckon hair spray on washable mascara will help in any way?

I know every company has a brown mascara but they tend to be kind of dark.  The best drugstore waterproof mascara in my opinion is maybelline (any kind).  It stays put all day while other brands end up under my eyes and stuff

thank you! I'll have a test what maybelline's brown one is like, maybe their brown will be light enough :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You  couuuuld even buy a lighter brown gel eyeliner and work it into your eyelashes if you cant find a light enough brown mascara. 

Hi Jim,

justforredheads.com has brown mascara's in different shades.

As you know, redheads look like a picasso with black mascara, therefore they have several shades of brown.

Latest posts

Back