Ways to re-use or re-purpose monthly subscription boxes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG...look at the lippies!! LOL, love it..I'm only half way there haha.
Lol! Sadly this drawer has doubled in lippies. These pics were taken last year.

Ahhh, this is Beautiful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox:

Beauty Army:

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In line with what someone above had planned, this is a creative use for those birchboxes (and old shoe boxes too) I found it on pinterest and thought it was very cute!

http://dittledattle.blogspot.com/2010/04/family-wall.html
Very cute!!! I love the idea to use a curtain rod to hang the boxes from! I guess you could also just use a nail and ribbon to hang the box from without the rod as well. As soon as I get some time on my hands I will take a trip to Michaels and buy some paint supplies! Also, we will be getting our 3rd birchbox man in a couple weeks and once it is emptied I will be making the drawer unit out of the 3 boxes, as I described in an earlier post! Very excited for that!

xX

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got around to using my BA box to organize my eye shadows with a small piece of dowel I cut down to size. So now my eye shadows don't get jostled about, they are always nice and neat!

How did you use the dowell? Do you mean the small wooden rods? Did you use two for each row so that the containers dont move? When you get a chance, could you take a picture of the box without the eyeshadows in it so I can see what you mean? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xX

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you use the dowell? Do you mean the small wooden rods? Did you use two for each row so that the containers dont move? When you get a chance, could you take a picture of the box without the eyeshadows in it so I can see what you mean? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xX
Yes, there are 6 pieces of dowel in the box cut to 5 inches so they fit snug.

They hold my circular pots very well and even my square ones!

I have just recently started recieving boxes and bags so right now my sample society box houses fragrance samples, one birch box has all my foam curlers (the top has the smalls and the bottom has the larges) the other birch box has shampoo and conditioner samples, my tili bag I got in this months bb has facial cleansers, and my look bag has skin cream samples. Oh and then I have been keeping the tissue paper that still looks nice and can be folded for gifts, my green grab bags are going to be used for gifting as well and the crinkly paper that comes in them is being stored in the first grab bag.... Yup, that's all so far. I will take pics when I get home and finish labeling, LOL.

@Pancua...that is pretty ingenious!
Thank you! I much prefer this to having all my pots just thrown in. One of my MAC compacts had the glass broken due to being banged around a bit so I'm hoping this stops that. 

I need to do some reorganization again! I've got individual boxes for shadows, foundations, lippies, primers, mini pallettes, skin sample jars, etc...but I just stacked everything and make messes on occasion lol. Maybe I'll start using my Glossyboxes and stick dowels in them. But they're so cute for gift boxes!

I need to do some reorganization again! I've got individual boxes for shadows, foundations, lippies, primers, mini pallettes, skin sample jars, etc...but I just stacked everything and make messes on occasion lol. Maybe I'll start using my Glossyboxes and stick dowels in them. But they're so cute for gift boxes!
Oh ya, I have a ton of boxes in storage. I've used the heavy cardboard boxes the BA boxes used to come in to mail stuff out in. Very handy!

Ooooh!  This is awesome!  I love the idea! 
heart.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, there are 6 pieces of dowel in the box cut to 5 inches so they fit snug.

They hold my circular pots very well and even my square ones!

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well all I get are beauty army boxes and myglam bags. The BA boxes I use to categorize makeup-one has loose shadows, one has blushes, etc. Myglam bags...Well they are starting to pile up but I recently started working at Ulta, and I use one myglam bag to carry essentials to work, since they have to check you when you leave. I keep my phone, insulin, candy and lipstick and money in it.

I just grabbed another myglam bag to use for makeup in my purse, and then I filled another one with my headache meds, allergy meds and tampons and pads.

Now if only I could stay organized
Do they go through your stuff or frisk you?
icon_eek.gif
  That's so sad that you can't even go to work without feeling like they think you are a criminal!

I'm so glad I found this thread today. My step mom bought one of those 3 drawer  plastic rolling carts for her ( now OUR) beauty hauls from the sample boxes. She has every item still in the original box. It's massive. Months and months worth of items. Last week, I told her that I thought the all natural items need to be pulled out and prioritized for use first because they might have shorter shelf life.

So, this AM, I went into her bath/ dressing suite and she has ALL of these samples all piled up and then the full boxes in another pile.. The empty plastic cart is sitting there, still empty. I think I can help her and still maintain my medically necessary activity restrictions by using the small boxes and working with them one at a time.

This is such a great idea!! I hadn't thought about removing the lids from some of the boxes. DUH.

I think she is going to have to buy another cart already. She has wall to wall cabinets in a huge room and they are all full with her regular cosmetic/ skin and hair care purchases. I feel like Cinderella at the ball just looking at all the Urban Decay palettes and gorgeous Too Faced eye look palettes and oh my, big baskets of Chanel lip glosses, various stains and Dior lipsticks. 
She even has a big basket of roll on perfumes. ( I thnk I have one- it came in a gift package from Fresh and smells like sugar LOL). 

Does anyone know how to make the plastic carts look nicer? She won't go for this if her beautiful rooms look like a hair salon.  

^ When Birchbox posted this yesterday I was like :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I MUST TRY.

I tried it and I didn't realize that I needed 6 Boxes... I only have 4 -__- So mine currently looks like this without 2 of the top drawers. I love the results. I can't wait to make more! So cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just saw this on the birchbox blog and it looks like a wonderful way to resue the box.

Here is the link : http://blog.birchbox.com/post/25521761139/how-to-make-an-organizer-out-of-old-birchboxes

I hope it isn't against the rules to post that link, if it is please let me know, I will remove it.

It's probably made with a few boxes so I'll need to save up more boxes for it but it looks pretty neat =D

*edit: vicccky seemed to put up the picture from the blog! isn't it so cute?

Originally Posted by manuri /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw this on the birchbox blog and it looks like a wonderful way to resue the box.

Here is the link : http://blog.birchbox.com/post/25521761139/how-to-make-an-organizer-out-of-old-birchboxes

I hope it isn't against the rules to post that link, if it is please let me know, I will remove it.

It's probably made with a few boxes so I'll need to save up more boxes for it but it looks pretty neat =D

*edit: vicccky seemed to put up the picture from the blog! isn't it so cute?
yes the picture is from their blog :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it is cute. you need 6 boxes. I'm missing 2 top drawers :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i need 2 more bottom boxes.

-ill post a picture of my end result =)

Back