Ways to re-use or re-purpose monthly subscription boxes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an awesome idea!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, there are 6 pieces of dowel in the box cut to 5 inches so they fit snug.

They hold my circular pots very well and even my square ones!

I lurve it!! That's soo cute!

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ When Birchbox posted this yesterday I was like :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I MUST TRY.

I tried it and I didn't realize that I needed 6 Boxes... I only have 4 -__- So mine currently looks like this without 2 of the top drawers. I love the results. I can't wait to make more! So cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ When Birchbox posted this yesterday I was like :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I MUST TRY.

I tried it and I didn't realize that I needed 6 Boxes... I only have 4 -__- So mine currently looks like this without 2 of the top drawers. I love the results. I can't wait to make more! So cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Plus, it looks like they used the ribbons from Goodebox.  So clever and pretty!

I love the idea of repurposing/upcycling with paint and crafting supplies! *sighs* Time to go to the craft store for supplies lol... Think I might try magazine clippings for makeup related storage boxes with chunky lettering to describe the contents..yep like those creepy stalker notes in movies lol! Then use some stamps and pretty printed craft paper/lace for gift box purposes...ooo

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I thought it would be fun to see how everyone re-uses or re-purposes leftover boxes from their monthly subscription services! Do you use them for storage, use them as gift boxes, or simply recycle them? I've come up with a few ideas myself and would love to share and hear some other creative ideas for ways to re-use all those empty boxes!!
I use some boxes for gifts, to store samples and jewelry.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I worked on making this organizer yesterday.  After reading the instructions first, I was a bit confused and shied away.  But I couldn't stop thinking about i, I was determined to make itt.  So I read the instructions several times and it starting making sense.  I created the organizer; worked on it yesterday and this morning.  It's a bit flimsy, not perfect, but not bad.  I'm proud of myself as I'm not typically a DIY person, but  I'm pleased.  Bye the way: I used ribbons from the BB boxes for the finger pulld and I used a hot glue gun to help to reinforce the boxes. 
claps.gif

So I ended up making the drawer organizer posted on the birchbox blog.  I am pretty happy with the outcome although it is not as sturdy as I had expected. I think the idea of using a hot glue gun is great! Its just a little hard to open and close the drawers smoothly and they are not 100% even. Since im slightly OCD i guess it really may not be such a big deal. Either way I like the end result and will be using it to store all of my samples i am yet to use!!! Ill try and post a pic later on!

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I ended up making the drawer organizer posted on the birchbox blog.  I am pretty happy with the outcome although it is not as sturdy as I had expected. I think the idea of using a hot glue gun is great! Its just a little hard to open and close the drawers smoothly and they are not 100% even. Since im slightly OCD i guess it really may not be such a big deal. Either way I like the end result and will be using it to store all of my samples i am yet to use!!! Ill try and post a pic later on!
Congrats!  I also added packing tape to the insides of the box under the drawers; makes it a bit easier to pull out.  The surface becomes a bit smooth with the packing tape.
claps.gif

The Beauty Army and Sample Society boxes are a perfect size for some of my larger tarot decks with their accompanying wrapping cloths.

I've saved my boxes bc I wanted to use them for something but was unsure what; now I know. These are all lovely ideas ladies!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you use the dowell? Do you mean the small wooden rods? Did you use two for each row so that the containers dont move? When you get a chance, could you take a picture of the box without the eyeshadows in it so I can see what you mean? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xX
Yes, there are 6 pieces of dowel in the box cut to 5 inches so they fit snug.

They hold my circular pots very well and even my square ones!

Oh that looks fantastic, I can't believe I just recycled mine, I should have kept it...

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Beauty Army and Sample Society boxes are a perfect size for some of my larger tarot decks with their accompanying wrapping cloths.
ooooh tarot decks! I have a standard rider-waite deck and this reminds me to pull it out. Ive recently moved and it is in the bottom of a box with all of my crystals and smaller decorations. Now that gives me the idea to use my next sample society box to store some of those things.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried making this and it came out terrible, I guess im not a diy person! lol i might try again when I get septembers boxes since i have four with august.

Back