Ways to re-use or re-purpose monthly subscription boxes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I thought it would be fun to see how everyone re-uses or re-purposes leftover boxes from their monthly subscription services! Do you use them for storage, use them as gift boxes, or simply recycle them? I've come up with a few ideas myself and would love to share and hear some other creative ideas for ways to re-use all those empty boxes!!

With my Birchboxes, I label them and use the boxes to store a variety of things. One boxes has perfume samples, another my blushes, another all my NYX jumbo pencils, another all my Wet 'n' Wild jumbo pencils.

With my Beauty Army boxes, I label those as well and one box has my Sugarpill palettes, another has foundation samples from Sephora and I can't recall what's in my 3rd box.

My husband's Birchbox Man boxes - the first one I used for my brushes and I haven't used the second one yet. I LOVE the BBM boxes out of all the boxes because the drawers slide out.

i split the boxes and line one of my top dresser drawers with them and then assign one for foundation, powder, concealer, blush, eyeshadow/mascara/liner. Makes it easy to find items for my daily routine and still mix it up enough. Have 2 of the Birchbox Men boxes and trying to figure out a good idea for them. Love the pull out compartment, but not sure what I can do with 2.

I use a Beauty Army box for all my perfume samples and scented oils, I have a Sample Society box as my catch all for samples I am swapping/giving away and I use another Beauty Army box for my nail polishes.

Well all I get are beauty army boxes and myglam bags. The BA boxes I use to categorize makeup-one has loose shadows, one has blushes, etc. Myglam bags...Well they are starting to pile up but I recently started working at Ulta, and I use one myglam bag to carry essentials to work, since they have to check you when you leave. I keep my phone, insulin, candy and lipstick and money in it. I just grabbed another myglam bag to use for makeup in my purse, and then I filled another one with my headache meds, allergy meds and tampons and pads. Now if only I could stay organized

I love the birchbox man boxes too! The pull out drawer is great!! I actually got this idea from someone else here on MUT in another thread but once I have three boxes I'm going to stack them on top of one another, secured by gluing the bottoms, and use them as a mini 3-drawer storage unit. I was thinking about painting them once they're put together! I already have a matte brown spray paint to use as the base and will probly buy some small tubes of colored paint to sponge on a design or paint on a design...I could even buy a cute stencil to use!! Once I do this ill be sure to post pics on this thread!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as my regular birchboxes go...and I don't have very many yet...since I don't have a very big jeweley box, I've been using the tops and bottoms separately to store my most worn rings, bracelets and necklaces. I also have one bottom used for nailpolishes and one top used for nail files, buffers, other nail tools, little lotions, etc. Given, I've just started my nail polish collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I will use more bottom pieces as my collection grows! They are super great for storage! I wonder if anyone actually throws them away lol

I use my birch box boxes to ship ebay stuff. I have a pile of Beauty Army boxes and an idea but have yet to find the motivation to get my craft on. Pictures when I do though.

My current bedroom is basically an attic, so I have NO storage, no closet and can't fit a large dresser up the stairs. So I use all my sub boxes to organize EVERYTHING...makeup, papers, etc. I like the idea of decoupaging them!

The other day i thought of using the bottom part of the birchboxes as wall art. I picture grouping four together in a broken square or staggered, each hung by the top edge resting on two small nails. Now of course they would be decorated which is the fun part!! I was thinking to either paint, stencil, sponge, etc. on a design, or even pasting a photo in the middle of each and using craft paper as a frame around the edges. I definitely need to hit up Michael's for some paint supplys :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just use birchboxes for shipping. I use beauty army boxes to organize my make up. I have on each labeled for lip glosses/sticks, blushes, eye shadows, foundations and concealers. I used one glossy box for shipping, and my other glossy box has my olay skincare brush thing and all my various moisturizers etc in it. I just leave that one out and open. 

I like to use the birchboxes and the myglam packages for shipping stuff out to people. With the packaging from glossybox, I actually used it as a gift box and it got a ton of compliments. People loved how nice and pretty the box was!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like to use the birchboxes and the myglam packages for shipping stuff out to people. With the packaging from glossybox, I actually used it as a gift box and it got a ton of compliments. People loved how nice and pretty the box was!
I cant wait untill glossybox opens up subscriptions! Not only am I excited to try them out, but the boxes are super cute and seem really sturdy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​

Originally Posted by SimplyChelle xX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cant wait untill glossybox opens up subscriptions! Not only am I excited to try them out, but the boxes are super cute and seem really sturdy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​
The boxes are awesome! Once you get a subscription, definitely hang onto the packaging for gifts. It was a hit!

I finally got around to using my BA box to organize my eye shadows with a small piece of dowel I cut down to size. So now my eye shadows don't get jostled about, they are always nice and neat!

I like the Glossy Boxes because they're very sturdy. I was quite surprised when my first one arrived. I've been using mine for sample sized products & samples of products I pick up from MAC & Sephora. The My Glam bubble envelopes I hang on to for shipping stuff to other people. They get a lot of attention, that's for sure, & it'd be pretty hard for those to get lost in the mail. Those boxes with the slide out drawers sound bloody great! I'd love to get my hands on some of those :)

I use BB for nail polish & beauty army for makeup. I have powders & blushes in 1,purfume samples in another and misc. samples (mostly skin care) in another.

Latest posts

Back