Wedding bands or not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I just wanted to get an opinion .Would you get angry if your husband stopped wearing his wedding band?My husband wears it whenever he feel like it and I get insulted.He says he forgets to put it on in the morning,meanwhile he doesn't forget to take his cigarettes.

Originally Posted by charms23 Oh I would be mad and insulted! I mean if he doesn't wear his ring, it just loses its meaning. ANd it would just be something he feels like putting on every once in a while, almost like marriage is something to "do" or "be" every once in a while. Thats exactly how I feel,it hurts my feelings too sometimes.Its good to hear that others share my views,thanks
icon_redface.gif

you should talk to him about it. if something starts bothering you that's important to you, it gets all built up and you start getting angry about it. get it out before it gets bad.

Why does he take it off to begin with? If he leaves it on, there's nothing to forget. I've never been married, but my ex and I had promise rings and neither one of us ever took it off. In fact I wore it until last year when my current man questioned what it was. I almost had forgotten about it cuz it just became part of me. What's the point of having a ring when you get married if you're only gonna wear it when you feel like it?

Originally Posted by envymi

Why does he take it off to begin with? If he leaves it on, there's nothing to forget. I've never been married, but my ex and I had promise rings and neither one of us ever took it off. In fact I wore it until last year when my current man questioned what it was. I almost had forgotten about it cuz it just became part of me. What's the point of having a ring when you get married if you're only gonna wear it when you feel like it?

Uh oh!!! I'm staying outta dis one!!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Hi guys I just wanted to get an opinion .Would you get angry if your husband stopped wearing his wedding band?My husband wears it whenever he feel like it and I get insulted.He says he forgets to put it on in the morning,meanwhile he doesn't forget to take his cigarettes.

Plus tell him smoking is a terrible habit and not good around kids
wink.gif

If a guy or gal doesn't like to wear a wedding ring, that should be established from the beginning. I don't believe in this, "I forget to put it on" stuff. My husband & I both wear wedding rings and we discussed it at the beginning whether or not we would wear them.

Now if he worked with chemicals or certain machinery, where he couldn't wear any jewelry, that's a different story.

Talk to him !

I would be a little upset if he didn't wear them when he went out in public, but I don't care if he takes it off when he is home. My hubby actually never takes his ring off; however, I take mine off all the time to protect them when I'm doing dishes, cleaning, etc, (my aunt lost her diamond down the sink doing dishes!) and I don't want to poke myself with the diamond or bend the prongs in my sleep or anything! But I always wear my rings out in public! (Oh, except for swimming, don't want the rings to slip off in the water!)

But I do agree that you should talk to him... if nothing else, you can put his ring on top of his box of cigarettes every night and maybe he'll get the hint!
smile.gif

36_3_25.gif

My DH has taken his off occasionally in the past (when in the shower or putting on lotion or something, I don't know) and I've found it later in the day by the sink or whatever. GRRR!
4_2_203.gif
LOL

And at first, he didn't like the original one we bought because it was actually a bit too loose and it bothered him. So..we got a new one that fits better and he has no problems wearing it!
11_1_123.gif
smile.gif

I'm not married, but using me & Leo as an example if we were:

I would probably wear mine all the time b/c I keep my jewelry on all the time now. I sleep in it - shower in it, etc.. Now Leo, he never wears ANY jewelry... he has no earrings, I dont even think he owns any jewelry... heck, he will rarely ever even wear a watch. That, and he works on trucks, works around machines, grease, welders etc. so I don't think he'd wear it unless we'd go out. I really wouldn't get insulted in that case b/c I know how he is with jewelry & his career, so it wouldn't be anything offensive if he didn't wear his ring. If he wore other jewelry & sat at a desk 9 to 5 everyday & didn't wear it, then I'd be pissed.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I would be a little upset if he didn't wear them when he went out in public, but I don't care if he takes it off when he is home. My hubby actually never takes his ring off; however, I take mine off all the time to protect them when I'm doing dishes, cleaning, etc, (my aunt lost her diamond down the sink doing dishes!) and I don't want to poke myself with the diamond or bend the prongs in my sleep or anything! But I always wear my rings out in public! (Oh, except for swimming, don't want the rings to slip off in the water!)
But I do agree that you should talk to him... if nothing else, you can put his ring on top of his box of cigarettes every night and maybe he'll get the hint!
smile.gif

Girl geek great tip! Thanks guys for your opinions,We had actually gotten into a fight last month and he had taken his ring off then but we got over it,i mean couples argue sometimes its not so bad and sometimes its ugly.But its healthy i think to disagree every now and then.He says he just got used to not wearing it and now he has to get reused to it again,I still think its rude.if I go out with my girlfriends and i leave my ring home best believe he will be calling me.He really has no excuse because he does not work with machinery,he is an investment banker so unless his ring gets in the way of him dialing his phone ,he has no excuse.Well anyways,i did talk to him about it and i guess the only thing i can do is she if he makes an effort to try to remember.He did today though so thats a start.I actually should him some of the responses to this tread so he can see I'm not being a nutty women,i mean i dont want him to have I LOVE GWENDOLYN tatooed on his forehead ,just a simple request.
rolleyes.gif
OK i think i wrote enough,thanks for all of you listening to me ramble!

I used to don't like it when my husband took his ring off in the first year of our marriage. I didn't mind if he did for work reasons. Now he never does and he would think something is up if I took mine off....

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hi guys I just wanted to get an opinion .Would you get angry if your husband stopped wearing his wedding band?My husband wears it whenever he feel like it and I get insulted.He says he forgets to put it on in the morning,meanwhile he doesn't forget to take his cigarettes.

glad you were able to talk to him about it. yay that he's trying to make a change to wear it. if i were married, i would wear the wedding band, but not the engagement ring all the time. wouldn't want to mess that up! lol

I have a 10 year anniversary nice size diamonds ring. I only wear that when I go out but I wear my wedding band all the time.

Originally Posted by Liz glad you were able to talk to him about it. yay that he's trying to make a change to wear it. if i were married, i would wear the wedding band, but not the engagement ring all the time. wouldn't want to mess that up! lol

IDK if I would mind. However, my mom and dad don't wear theirs... so it probably wouldn't be a HUGE deal to me.

Originally Posted by Naturally Okay ..stepping in on this one. I've been married for ..11 years now. Hubby doesn't wear his ..he's a mechanic ..so yes there are hazzards. Does he put it on when we go out places ...sometimes. Am I bothered by it ..NO ..I know he loves me. Does it mean anything by the fact he doesn't wear it or he forgets ..NO ..not to me. When you get to NOT wearing it (for work) than it becomes second nature to NOT remember to wear it ..it's a fact of life ..it happens. I only wear my wedding band now and not my engagement ring ..mainly because that has to be fixed. But sometimes the two together were making me buggy sometimes ...I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I went thru a time where I didn't wear my wedding band either ...because I worked on computers ..and getting your hands into tiny places ..well with a ring ..just didn't always work. So now ..from being used to NOT wearing it ..I sometimes forget it. Does that mean our relationship has changed ...HELL NO! Does it mean I disrespect him ..HELL NO ..shit happens and we forget things! I don't sleep with my jewelry on ..well a pinky ring that I don't even notice on it's so light. I put my band up at night and back on in the mornings ..and yes sometimes I forget to put it on.
There are greater things out there to do and experience than to be caught up because someone isn't wearing their wedding band ..that's just my 2 cents worth!

My issue wasnt the fact of him forgetting his ring,it was that he always religiously wore it until we had gotten into a huge fight,then he stopped wearing it,thats what really bothered me.but i do appreciate your thoughts.I know that there are better things to be upset about,but i just needed to vent,I like this site cause it seems like people are intereted in being helpful!
smile.gif

i agree with amethyst

well said!

Originally Posted by Amethyst If a guy or gal doesn't like to wear a wedding ring, that should be established from the beginning. I don't believe in this, "I forget to put it on" stuff. My husband & I both wear wedding rings and we discussed it at the beginning whether or not we would wear them.
Now if he worked with chemicals or certain machinery, where he couldn't wear any jewelry, that's a different story.

Talk to him !

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hi guys I just wanted to get an opinion .Would you get angry if your husband stopped wearing his wedding band?My husband wears it whenever he feel like it and I get insulted.He says he forgets to put it on in the morning,meanwhile he doesn't forget to take his cigarettes. hmm, well that's interesting. What would happen if you didn't wear your ring? Is it possible that he doesn't like how the ring looks, like it isn't manly enough or something? Maybe is there another ring that he might wear more often. Or even perhaps something like a necklace or a different type of jewelry? I'm probably the last person on earth to be getting marriage advice from!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl hmm, well that's interesting. What would happen if you didn't wear your ring? Is it possible that he doesn't like how the ring looks, like it isn't manly enough or something? Maybe is there another ring that he might wear more often. Or even perhaps something like a necklace or a different type of jewelry? I'm probably the last person on earth to be getting marriage advice from!

this post is old,since then he has been wearing his ring .it had nothing to do with him not liking the ring,just forgetfullness.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 this post is old,since then he has been wearing his ring .it had nothing to do with him not liking the ring,just forgetfullness.
icon_wink.gif
That's good to hear. I was wondering if it was still happening or if the thread just got accidentally bumped up.

Latest posts

Back