Welcome to the FOTD (Face of the Day) Forum! Tips for taking clear pics inside!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welcome to the FOTD (Face of the Day) Forum!

FOTD = Face Of The Day!

Every day there will be ONE new thread opened in this forum so everyone can post what they're wearing on their faces. It's a great place to find idea's for new looks & to share tips!

Remember the more PICS we have the better this is gonna be! So start posting girls!

Click HERE to read how to add images to your posts!

If you've any questions just PM me or one of the other mods & we'll gladly help you out
biggrin.gif

those are some usful tips

and about the covering flash trick, i never heard of it, i set the no-flash mode in my digi cam, of course you have to use a tripod for shake free photos..but it works real fine with me

but i still wanna try the tissue trick though..

thanks Trisha!

Originally Posted by Trisha ME!!

<LI>type of light taken in my bedroom so natural and artificial light!

<LI>time of day varies!

<LI>setting on camera i set it for portrait mode and use the macro (close up) setting

<LI>self taken/tripod self taken!

<LI>covered flash? i cover the flash with a tissue so the colours aren't too washed out!

when i take a pic of myself, i look weird. so sometimes i take a full face pic in the mirror. like i point the camera at the mirror. i have a digi cam so i can look at the little screen to see what i'm taking a pic of.

type of light - usually indoor lighting

time of day - varies, try for around noon, but sometimes its later

setting on camera - Macro for close ups, or manual to adjust the balance

self taken/tripod - Self taken

covered flash? - Either no flash or regular flash w/ shutter

Trisha,

While we are on the subject, how do you get your Avatar's so clear? What setting do you put your camera on? I can't get my avatar clear? I'm not sure how to resize the picture to the correct pixels (or whatever we are supposed to do) so that the picture comes out clear on the avatar.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Jen

Originally Posted by Trisha ME!!

type of light taken in my bedroom so natural and artificial light!

time of day varies!

setting on camera i set it for portrait mode and use the macro (close up) setting

self taken/tripod self taken!

covered flash? i cover the flash with a tissue so the colours aren't too washed out!

I have a really bad quality camera so i dont have many tips.. I take the pics myself in my bedroom and hope for the best!

lol @ laura
biggrin.gif

suziq: what you do is crop the picture, then resize the pic by it's pixel size. but since it gets shrunken down, it's distort a little.

you need to use the macro mode so that it's not blurry.

Yeah... I just crop and resize my pixels. I use Roxio's Photosuite (comes in the Easy Media Creator software) And my cam is the Nikon 8800.

8800_front.jpg

8800_back.jpg

8800_side_lt.jpg

i like that cam janelle. especially the flip out part for taking fotd pics
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i like that cam janelle. especially the flip out part for taking fotd pics
smile.gif
yeah - I love that... the Canon I had before this had the swivel screen and I absolutely LOVED it, so it was a definite need in picking a new cam... thanks !! You too Char!!! :icon_love I just have to figure out how to work it now !!! lol
rolleyes.gif

Nice Camera Janelle, I have the Canon with the flip out screen, so I can flip it out and turn it around to see what I am taking a picture of. I just never can get it to the size I want...they seem to always blur. All the rest of the members pictures look so clear, especially your avatars.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 yeah - I love that... the Canon I had before this had the swivel screen and I absolutely LOVED it, so it was a definite need in picking a new cam... thanks !! You too Char!!! :icon_love I just have to figure out how to work it now !!! lol
rolleyes.gif

Great tips ... now only I need a great/better digicam. I still have the Canon Elp ... hmm next treat for myself maybe?

I have Canon G5. I've had it for 2 years but it's gotten beaten up during my second vacation. Great tips!

I used the tissue trick to take my "bare it all" pic and it was the best pic I've gotten yet. I still can't get good eye close-ups but that's just my camera, it's 4 years old which makes it ancient in technology terms.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm going to try that trick tonight to see if I can bare it all....
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Cirean I used the tissue trick to take my "bare it all" pic and it was the best pic I've gotten yet. I still can't get good eye close-ups but that's just my camera, it's 4 years old which makes it ancient in technology terms.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by suziqq322

Trisha,
While we are on the subject, how do you get your Avatar's so clear? What setting do you put your camera on? I can't get my avatar clear? I'm not sure how to resize the picture to the correct pixels (or whatever we are supposed to do) so that the picture comes out clear on the avatar.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Jen

SuziQ, pm me for my email addy and I can help you fix your avatar if you email it to me
smile.gif

I never shoot any self photos for FOTD/EOTD, not yet.

But here's what I always do for my all my self photos with my old Nikon D70.

type of light : indoor lighting. ( natural room lighting, corner lamp or reading lamp)

time of day : Usually afternoon

setting on camera : Close up, portrait and sometimes manual.

self taken/tripod : Tripod/self taken

covered flash? : No flash or just regular flash or covered the flas with tissue.

For people photos, I suggest to get Canon. Canon is great for taking people's face photo because it's soft focus and good color enhancement. Nikon is also good but I prefer Nikon for lanscaping.

Latest posts

Back