Went back to MAC and no bad experience!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok! So! I went back to THAT Freestanding MAC store in the short hills mall..
icon_eek.gif

Yeah, the one where the LAST time i was there, i got yelled at.. Everyone remember my story? no? Short version is, i get there, get ignored, finally get some help, woman has major attitude, wont answer, wont help, i ask for an item that was a request from a friend, get YELLED at for asking since said item was an LE and gone. Fine. then i get the 'is that it? is that it? is that it? asked a gazillion times, i felt like i was 'bothering" her or whatever.

So i write a nasty-gram to MAC about said incident, get a "we're sorry" letter that includes a lipglass (why, thank you!) and thats that. Well, i ventured back to the MAC store and was met by Ashley the MUA. Talk about FRIENDLY! ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p SWEET! PLEASANT! WHOA! Can this be MAC? but yes! it was! I brought a friend with me just in case that last witcharella was there.. friend not a MAC person, she said the stores intimidated her.. ( i can see that) Ashley was helpful and kind! I wrote MAC a happy-gram! They answered me with a MAJOR thank you and they would pass on the recognition to Ashley! YAY!

That's great!!! Maybe witcherella got FIRED!!!
icon_twisted.gif
lol

Glad you got a good experience this time!!! ;p;p

Originally Posted by MacForMe Ok! So! I went back to THAT Freestanding MAC store in the short hills mall..
icon_eek.gif
Yeah, the one where the LAST time i was there, i got yelled at.. Everyone remember my story? no? Short version is, i get there, get ignored, finally get some help, woman has major attitude, wont answer, wont help, i ask for an item that was a request from a friend, get YELLED at for asking since said item was an LE and gone. Fine. then i get the 'is that it? is that it? is that it? asked a gazillion times, i felt like i was 'bothering" her or whatever.

So i write a nasty-gram to MAC about said incident, get a "we're sorry" letter that includes a lipglass (why, thank you!) and thats that. Well, i ventured back to the MAC store and was met by Ashley the MUA. Talk about FRIENDLY! ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p SWEET! PLEASANT! WHOA! Can this be MAC? but yes! it was! I brought a friend with me just in case that last witcharella was there.. friend not a MAC person, she said the stores intimidated her.. ( i can see that) Ashley was helpful and kind! I wrote MAC a happy-gram! They answered me with a MAJOR thank you and they would pass on the recognition to Ashley! YAY!

YAY!!
That's awesome, btw, that you wrote a note to MAC about the great customer service you received.

That's really great to hear!! I'm usually intimidated and/or annoyed my my MAC counters, but maybe I should take a stroll down there next week. If something bad happens at least I know that they respond to the letters people send!

I wonder if she got fired too?
confused.gif
Cuz this woman was WAY outta line.. When i asked for the item that was LE, she YELLED "NO! WE do NOT have THAT! YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT WAS A LIMTED ITEM". .. yes the caps here mean that is the emphasis on how she YELLED at me!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I was nice but firm about it when i wrote MAC and complained. And this time, Ashely was SO NICE and SO helpful, it was as if she went above AND beyond.. oh wait! here is the email i got from them!

Dear Ms. McCusker,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us concerning your recent experience at the Mac store. It is always encouraging to receive positive comments, and in this age of heightened competition and consumer expectations, your praise is especially welcome.

We are proud of the dedication of our representatives and of their endeavors to deliver superior service. It is evident that the efforts of Ashley Gentile deserve recognition. Please be assured your remarks will be shared with our Education and Training Executives, who will extend your commendation to her along with their own.

We look forward to seeing you at the Mac counter again in the near future.

Sincerely,

Penny Tsiftilis

Global Consumer Communications

Lauryn - I am glad that you had a great experience at MAC. What did you end up getting?

Originally Posted by Charmaine YBut I was so intimidated and he seemed like in a hurry (no customers and he wasn't even doing anything) so I didn't bother to correct him and now I really need at 15 pan! People like this make me sick. I am sorry but its not like they are giving the products away and even if they were, that is what they are paid for. If you need a 15 e/s pan palette, you can call the 800# and get one. Unfortunately, you will have to pay S & H but at least you will have it.

So glad that your experience this time was a million times better than your previous visit.

yeah it was super great. SuzukiGrrl, dont let them intimidate you. GO for YOURS!!

I got Stilife paint and a try-on pac for my best friend who lives in Alabama, her birthday is coming and its on its way! She will be SO surprised and i got bare canvas paint.. lets see, oh yea a sample of fairylight pigment!

They really do answer letters! Amazing!

that's great! i knew that you would have a much better experience this time and the free lipglass makes it all the better!

Originally Posted by MacForMe Ok! So! I went back to THAT Freestanding MAC store in the short hills mall..
icon_eek.gif

MAC is infamous for having witchy MAs.. but not always the case when you are on the other side of the counter. The MAC MAs that I've worked near, either in Macy's or across the street at the MAC store have been super-uber nice to me, but all I hear are customer complaints about those same people. I am not sure why this is.. but I've had to actually work at a MAC counter for a few hours because someone was late, and I saw some really bad attitudes flying at customers that day, but totally different attitudes towards me. I've always ALWAYS wanted to ask a MAC associate if they are trained to act a certain way.. if anyone knows.. tell me! I am dying to know!

Originally Posted by Scarlette MAC is infamous for having witchy MAs.. but not always the case when you are on the other side of the counter. The MAC MAs that I've worked near, either in Macy's or across the street at the MAC store have been super-uber nice to me, but all I hear are customer complaints about those same people. I am not sure why this is.. but I've had to actually work at a MAC counter for a few hours because someone was late, and I saw some really bad attitudes flying at customers that day, but totally different attitudes towards me. I've always ALWAYS wanted to ask a MAC associate if they are trained to act a certain way.. if anyone knows.. tell me! I am dying to know! i just read the mac bible that macforme posted. and it talks about customer service and how it's ok to feel special because you work for mac but don't act superior because you work for mac. and a bunch of other stuff about CS.
but i guess people don't listen to that and think they're the sh*t and know everything.

Latest posts

Back