Went From Oily skin to dry in 5 months.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

About 5 months ago I started taking a new type of Pill, and one the side effects was to make my skin dry. Before i started I had oily skin, Not crazy oily but oily. Well this last week ive noticed that  my skin is very red, and very dry and my face is very itchy. I want to scratch it, but I don’t. also it looks like the surface of the moon.

I was reading that this may be due to the Harsh Climate I live in, But Arizona doesn’t get hot till Later this year, and I have a Salt water system threw my house.I also enjoy long hot showers. I Get enough sleep, but I work odd hourss

Has Anyone used this product listed below,Before? Can someone help me out and shed some light on how to fix this. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/face-wash/tea-tree-skin-clearing-facial-wash.aspx

thanks Ashley

Was the pill Accutane or birth control pill - I'm confused

Long hot showers certainly contribute to dry skin

From the Body Shop site:Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

If the pill has caused your dry skin then it would make sense to reduce the dosage or stop taking it all together and try something else.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was the pill Accutane or birth control pill - I'm confused

Long hot showers certainly contribute to dry skin

From the Body Shop site:Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

If the pill has caused your dry skin then it would make sense to reduce the dosage or stop taking it all together and try something else.
I am taking (2) Pills One is Called Estrofem and the other is Spironolactone. I need these to just live a Normal Daily life. So i cant stop taking them,Ill see the doctor and ask what we can do about this.

If you've been using this medication for 5 months and you are just noticing side affects, consider asking advice from the pharmacist that filled your prescription.

He/she might know of an over the counter product that can help with the unwanted side effects.

Uecerin is a brand that can help dry, red skin.

Their Aquaphor products are fantastic.

If the pharmacist's advice doesn't help, definately talk to your doctor.

To be honest, I don't know if it is good or not.

Since cleansers are to be washed off within seconds of being applied to your skin, it would stand to reason that any benefits they might offer would not stay on your skin for very long.

It does contain an oil that they claim has a soothing effect - helps to calm irritation and redness.

A film of the oil might stay on your skin.

I found a review by Paula Begoun from Beautypedia:

Claims: Prevent blemishes and remove excess oil with a refreshing gel-bashed facial wash that won’t over-dry your skin and is gentle enough for daily use. Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain anti-bacterial properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming. Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.   Review: This cleanser has the makings of a very good water-soluble option for normal to oily skin, but things get problematic due to the inclusion of menthol and Calophyllum inophyllum seed oil, which is derived from a species of evergreen tree. Research has shown this ingredient is cytotoxic (kills cells) and although it may have antibacterial properties for acne, there are better ingredients to use for this purpose (Sources: Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology, September 2009, pages 216­–222; and Phytochemistry, October 2004, pages 2,789–2,795). The tea tree oil adds a medicinal scent, but the amount in this cleanser isn’t great enough to combat acne-causing bacteria, not to mention it’s rinsed from skin before it can be of much benefit.

https://www.beautypedia.com/registerFree.aspx

Go to Search all reviews

Master Brand List

She has review 100s of products through independent labs to determine what is worth trying and what isn't.

Latest posts

Back