Wet Method, why is it streaky on me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I've seen Thais tutorial a thousand time and in fact have done it numerous time with no problem. Its just lately i notice that i'm having this problem.

I load the lid with the minerals, i mist my brush about 3 times with Evian and then swirl on the lid. I then kinda tap the areas like my forehead, cheeks and chin to get the minerals there and then start buffing. But since the minerals on my brush is still wet i get streaky marks (which is fine). But it sets like concrete 3 seconds later and i'll be buffing like mad but the streaks won't budge.

So i'll end of with small fine streaks on my forehead and cheeks.
irked.gif

I really need to overcome this problem because applying it wet is the only way that i can cover my huge pores. And the minerals actually last the whole day. And i can wear Original-Glow from EM on my oily skin & have that dewy effect instead of sparkly craters.

Anyone?

Elegant minerals? EveryDay Minerals?

Do a tutorial how NOT to do it?

Could it not be mixed completely? Are any of your supplies new? Brush dirty? (OMG, The first time I washed my brush I couldn't believe how much foundation was coming out! )

Good luck!

Maybe you're using more b/c you're a little further into the jar? (sifter isn't 'clogged')

I think the problem may be the "tapping on areas." When applying wet you want to paint the dampened product over your face & neck, allow it to set, then buff with a dry brush. It also sounds as if too much product is being applied to the dampened brush.

Definitely no tapping. I sweep in one motion along the sides of my face, forehead and then chin. I don't really let mine set. I just begin to buff all over except the apples of my cheeks which I save for last. You need much less MMU wet than you do dry. It took me a few tries until I got it right. I have huge pores and this method has really worked for me.

Also if your skin has been getting drier that could be partly causing it. A primer might also help to get rid of the streakiness. I do think it's mostly because of the tapping first though.

Thanks for all your help. I will try with less minerals and buffing immediately before the minerals sets.

Will update how it goes today..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif EDM is horrible with wet application, is that what your using? Yes.. i am using EDM.

The thing is that 3 hours later, my face looks nice. Kinda luminous, yet natural. Its the 3 hours before that i looked like crap!!!

What I do is instead of wetting the brush, wet your face. I just spray on some water or hydrosol right before putting on foundation. I get a more even application this way. (I use Cory foundation)

The wet MMU application technique is soooooo much better than the dry method. My brother's girlfriend came visiting me tonight and she complimented how great my foundation looked, and she asked if I was wearing a liquid foundation. I told her about MMU and gave her some samples, hopefully I can convert her into MMU! Hehe

yea my guess is you should either change your brush or perhaps make it less damp..?

i agree,i think your wetting your brush to much(i use edm too) i only spritz the brush once or twice and then instead of buffing,i tap it on,also what kind of brush r u using? i find that the syntheic brushes are best
smile.gif
good luck!

I had this problem when I tried to use any sort of misting product (like Avene). It would dry incredibly fast and leave it streaky. I use plain old water and it works fine.

Originally Posted by Shasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had this problem when I tried to use any sort of misting product (like Avene). It would dry incredibly fast and leave it streaky. I use plain old water and it works fine. How do you use water? Do you run your brush under water?

Also, kristi_suen, can you give me a little more tip on how to do this?

Thanks everyone.

The EDM will turn to paste, I hate that stuff for wet application and staying power. I suggest switching to a creamier MMU like Meow.

Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif The EDM will turn to paste, I hate that stuff for wet application and staying power. I suggest switching to a creamier MMU like Meow. Thanks
smile.gif

I do have 5 tubs of Meow actually. But lately i notice that Meow makes me look "fake". Like i've piled on a lot of make-up on my face.
scared.gif

what i did before, i used a bigger brush for the wet (but takes a while for the bigger brush to dry, so make sure you want to get the bigger brush wet), and lightly diust a light foudnation layer on top in order to even out theose nasty streaks. worked for me.

Latest posts

Back