Wet N Wild Cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone.  So I've noticed that Wet N Wild has come out with a lot of new fun cosmetics however I've always been kind of scared to use Wet N Wild since it is so cheap.  I always thought that their makeup wasn't very good quality but I honestly haven't tried any of their makeup in probably 10-15 years. 

So what do you guys think.  Is it good quality makeup or not so much?

Depends on the product. I love Wet 'n' Wild products but hate their foundation and their makeup remover. I'm not fond of their mascara but I do love their lip glosses, lip sticks, nail polishes, eyeliners, cream liners, liquid liners and some of their eyeshadows (the new singles weren't that great).

Agreed -- stay away from the foundations, I tried and don't like them at all!

However, their liners are the best. I like the lip and eye both, and use them in my professional kit too!

And the clear lip gloss, creates a nice shine!

Mascaras are hit and miss -- I'd use it in an emergency but prefer MAC.

Hope that helps!

-C

A lot of memebers here rave about their eyeshadow palettes!  I have only one and I use it frequently.

Check out the FOTD threads, you'll see a lot looks that were done using WNW products.

I am not a fan of their glitter polish or cream/pencil eyeliners  but I do love their eyeshadows!

I bought one of Wet n Wild's concealer sticks, and boy, DID I REGRET IT like no tomorrow!

I definitely would not buy anything that's meant for the face such as foundation, concealer, etc.

But I'm such a fan of their eyeshadows - I definitely recommend them, they're so pigmented and beautiful eyeshadows that you won't regret spending $5 and adding it to your makeup collection.

Their eyeshadow palettes are awesome. Many of them are very pigmented, buttery, & cheap, especially when they're buy one get one free. The best thing imo is their cream eyeliner in black. I've tried many from higher end brands (Mac, Smashbox, Clinique, Bobbi Brown & others) & this one tops all of those in black.

It is a hit or miss sorta thing. I really like their natural pressed powder for a quick face, it doesn't make me break out either. The mascaras, liquid liner, cream etc. are pretty decent for me, the shadows are awesome too. I only have one fast dry nail color, but its nice. The tinted moisturizer made me break out, bad. :

Another vote for the 6 eyeshadow pallattes, they are smooth, blendable, and so pigmented. the singles...not so much. Idk about the rest of the stuff, I haven't tried it.

I agree, it is hit or miss a lot of times. I love the creme eyeliners, eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipglosses, even some of their blushes and bronzers are pretty good. Foundation and Concealer though, I've never had a good experience with them. I did just get a couple of their new Winter single eyeshadows, they're fabulous!

I love the cream liner! Their lip pencils I was pretty surprised with. I've used the blushes and bronzes for a while and love them. HATED the lipsticks. I tried a bunch of stuff last week when the line was 40% off. Half the stuff went back, the other half I love.

I like:

• Their eyeshadows. Only a small number of them have disappointed me. I should specify their powder/dry shadows. I have yet to try a creamy eyeshadow or eye pencil from them I like.
  • Cream liner. I have the purple and black, and I love them both.
  • Matte lipsticks
  • Lip balm pots

Haha I ment 8 eyeshadow pallattes, couldn't edit my post.

Originally Posted by barefoothipmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another vote for the 6 eyeshadow pallattes, they are smooth, blendable, and so pigmented. the singles...not so much. Idk about the rest of the stuff, I haven't tried it.

if you're worried about your skin breaking out or anything, I think you're fine. I have very sensitive skin, and their products don't give me any weird chemical reactions. by assuming cheap=bad quality/ingredients, it's implied that expensive=good quality/ingredients, which is more often than not false.

like others said, it depends on the product. their pencil liners (which are like $.99) are well-pigmented, but a little hard and prone to smudging--they work, but they're not the best. the gel liner I tried was just ok, and it dried really fast--but I think with a better brush (I just used the one it came with), the product could have worked much better. their eyeshadows are usually pretty good, but it depends on the palette--they're usually well-pigmented, but the matte shadows tend to be noticeably chalky on me. their polishes are, like the rest of their stuff, nicely pigmented (not like LA colors which requires like 10 coats)--but you should probably invest in a good top coat to prevent chipping.

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone.  So I've noticed that Wet N Wild has come out with a lot of new fun cosmetics however I've always been kind of scared to use Wet N Wild since it is so cheap.  I always thought that their makeup wasn't very good quality but I honestly haven't tried any of their makeup in probably 10-15 years. 

So what do you guys think.  Is it good quality makeup or not so much?

That's my favorite as well! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I cannot stop using that palette. All the colors are so pretty.

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their 8 pan palettes are fantastic!!!! My favorite is "Comfort Zone".

Originally Posted by pond3ringharu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's my favorite as well! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I cannot stop using that palette. All the colors are so pretty.

Right????? They are all sooooo gorgeous!!!!! 
heart.gif

Latest posts

Back