What an honor..Had to share

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Husband was asked to go threw a security background check so he could lay carpet at the New World Trade center in NYC slated for sometime in 2005..Talk about speechless..He asked me how I'd feel about it as he'd be gone for about a month..I said as long as I get to visit..LOL

Woohoo! That's great news! I'm so excited for you.

How did your husband get picked?

Originally Posted by allisong Husband was asked to go threw a security background check so he could lay carpet at the New World Trade center in NYC slated for sometime in 2005..Talk about speechless..He asked me how I'd feel about it as he'd be gone for about a month..I said as long as I get to visit..LOL

Very cool indeed! Give him a 'way to go' from me!

That is really an honor imo for anyone who is taking a hand in the new construction. My SO's Grandfather was a Lather on the original WTC and the Pentagon, that was something his whole family was very proud of. Your boys will be very proud of your hubby too!

You HAVE to go up there, the best shopping in the world!

Originally Posted by allisong Husband was asked to go threw a security background check so he could lay carpet at the New World Trade center in NYC slated for sometime in 2005..Talk about speechless..He asked me how I'd feel about it as he'd be gone for about a month..I said as long as I get to visit..LOL

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Woohoo! That's great news! I'm so excited for you.
How did your husband get picked?

Kitty..Not sure on the details..I personally wondered why a carpet store from NC would even have been approached,but the owner of the store he subcontracts threw asked him if he'd submit to a background check& fingerprints(they're apparently being very stringent in the security area which I can MORE the respect)I think it may have a lot to do with the fact my hub is actually certified in his field which is rare as most flooring installers aren't..

That's great! Now, when your kids have kids, they'll have a really cool story to tell! yeah! cute post, ali. xoxoxo Ry

Latest posts

Back