What are your comfort colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
What are the eye colors that are your "comfort colors"? When your having a not so good day, or running late, or having a bad makeup day, what are the colors you end up using that you know will work well on you?

i picked combos.. i hope that means a combo of colors, cause that's what comforts me
smile.gif

Another for browns and nutrals here, I will use colours like Mac Phloof, Patina, Tempting, woodwinked etc

I picked creams, but my first choice would probably be champagne if that had been in the poll. I have deep set eyes and I've found that light, preferrably shimmery, colors really brings them out...creams and champagne (like Stila Kitten) are fool proof!
icon_smile.gif

I picked Creams.

But I mostly wear creams, browns and greens on a daily basis. I shy away from colors!
icon_redface.gif

If I don't know what to wear or I don't feel well I usually go with MAC Humid or Urban Decay Cream Purple Haze. Both are really versatile and are ok to wear to the office, but are still fun cheerful colors.

Well actually mine wasn't listed....White! I use white whenever I feel crappy. I just put a little black liquid liner and red lipstick and call it a day.

Browns or whites -- browns always make my blue eyes pop due to the contrast; and shimmery white (particularly, L'Oreal Color Fresco in Snowflake) makes my small, deep-set eyes look a little bigger!
smile.gif

Brown is my comfort eyeshadow color..my used to always wear Brown eyeshadow and eyeliner when I was growing up. It reminds me of her! Now she doesn't wear makeup everyday..just for special occasions.

Wow! I can't believe browns won by a landslide. On bad days and lazy days I always reach for a fun color so that I at least look cheerful even if I don't feel cheerful.

blue or navy compliments great my cold skintone and my grayish eyes (they seem more blue) - even when i feel tired and ugly, blue color always makes me feel a bit better about myself.

i usually just grab purples because they really help bring out blue eyes and make me look less tired lol but since i am so fair browns look a lil dirty on me you know what i mean like they look grimey i guess and they look too dark for my complexion

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 i usually just grab purples because they really help bring out blue eyes and make me look less tired lol but since i am so fair browns look a lil dirty on me you know what i mean like they look grimey i guess and they look too dark for my complexion Just a random tip, I have very pale skin and I've noticed that cool or dark browns do tend to look dirty on me. However, I love warmer browns and bronzes, and shimmer also helps them look less dirty! (A coat of Milani's Sun Goddess instantly perks up any dirty brown color, in my opinion!)

Latest posts

Back