What are your favorite makeup techniques?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have a foolproof way of using your eyeliner? Applying blush? Let us know those little tricks that make you look perfect!

Eyes:

Use a lightweight liquid concealer on lids to minimize discoloration and make the eyes look brighter and more awake. My favorites are YSL Touche Eclat and Almay Amazing Lasting Concealer. Using these products will help eyeshadow last longer too!

Foundation prep:

Facial tissue and velour makeup puffs are a staple in my daily routine. After applying foundation and concealer, wait about a minute then gently blot skin with a clean facial tissue. This will help absorb any excess moisture and allow powder to go on sheer. If you apply loose powder with a brush, after application firmly press your skin with a clean velour makeup puff to meld the powder into your foundation. This reduces the look of a "powdery finish".

Lip liner:

Use a pencil that is a complement to your lipcolor shade and blend lip liner into the lip area with a brush. This will soften the "ring around the lips" look! For an alternative use for lip pencils, try a touch of lipbalm, then fill lips in with your lipliner. Layer a coordinating shade of gloss overtop. Perfect lips!

This is such a good topic! Anyway I have a few tips: Eyes: always wear a base on your eyelids before putting eyeshadow on, it helps to stop the shadow going into the crease. I use Boots Botanics Soothing and Calming Eye Base. When applying eyeliner to the lid, pull your eye out at the corner. that way you get a straight line to draw along and this is especially good when it comes to drawing on liquid eyeliner.

Originally Posted by starnight This is such a good topic!
Anyway I have a few tips:

Eyes: always wear a base on your eyelids before putting eyeshadow on, it helps to stop the shadow going into the crease. I use Boots Botanics Soothing and Calming Eye Base.

When applying eyeliner to the lid, pull your eye out at the corner. that way you get a straight line to draw along and this is especially good when it comes to drawing on liquid eyeliner.

Eyeliner- for a soft, smokey, sexy eye rather than a harsh delineated one... use soft strokes of pencil eyeliner, smudge, then add a soft gray or purple eyeshadow over it. This is especially pretty on almond-shaped eyes because it gives you that cat look!
smile.gif
See model.
Eyelashes- for eyelashes that do not look like spiders, but instead curve up naturally and softly, curl them in short and quick movements from base to mid lash.
rolleyes.gif

Longer lasting lip wear- Try English Ideas lip pencil for superb natural color that helps gloss stay on longer and makes your lips look fuller and softer. Even if your gloss comes off at lunch, you are left with a nice looking kisser! LOL English Ideas is the best. I do not use any other lip liner. Note: if you have darkly pigmented lips, this may not be the pencil for you.

For full looking lashes & a natural yet sexy look I use ***Prescriptives eyelining brush.Really gets your liner right into the base of your lashes

For long wearing lipstick with truer color,I apply English Ideas lip enhancer pencil all over my lips before I top with color

Go with everything lipliner-Avon Clear..Loreal,Paula Dorf make one as well but I've found Avon's cheaper..Quality is great..Never have to worry about whether or not it matches

For that wide awake look-I swear by Yves Saint laurent's Touche Eclat(Touch of Radiance) pen in #1..Really makes you look fresh even when you're not..I don't however recommend this for anyone with really prominent dark circles as this is not a concealer

**Liner pic. from Prescriptives.com

My favorite brush for applying eye shadow is my contour brush. Its really handy for helping create a haze of color up above the crease of the eye. I love the way it makes the shadow really soft and dreamy looking. I tend to use this brush for applying shadow at the outer corners of my eyes (even though i have plenty of brushes). Its so soft and gentle and is the brush i use most. Another brush which is perfect is the eyebrow brush, which when used at certain angles gives a really good shape to the brows. I use my concealer brush for applying cream eyeshadow and to make the color more intense i will apply a powder shadow over the cream shadow. When i apply mascara i hold the brush vertically rather than the horizontally because you can really get the full length of the lash and reach the outer corner lashes, i find this technique creates a nice curl too.

Latest posts

Back