What are your favourite purples?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Be it in eyeshadow, eyelines or mascara? I love wearing this colour on my eyes, and I'd love to know other peoples favourite versions of what I enjoy!

One of my favorite purple eye shadows is Estee Lauder Cyber Lilac!  For purple liner I am digging Stila Smudge Stick in Purple Tang.  I also love MAC Parfait Amour and Crystal--I'm a purple girl too--I love it with my green eyes!

Purples and greens are my favorite in any product, other than blush and foundation :) I've got some gorgeous purple Hot Pots from Coastal Scents, as well as a Loreal HIP cream liner in eggplant, some beautiful purples from Meow, Detrivore and Aromaleigh. If I really think of it, I've got a stupid amount of purple and green products. Forgot to say in the greens post, Eny pressed eye shadow from Makeup Geek is amazing! Their Peacock shadow is also kinda green, but kinda not. Difficult to describe....

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of my favorite purple eye shadows is Estee Lauder Cyber Lilac!  For purple liner I am digging Stila Smudge Stick in Purple Tang.  I also love MAC Parfait Amour and Crystal--I'm a purple girl too--I love it with my green eyes!
Thay's exactly why I like purple, I have green eyes! Well, it is one of my favourite colours too, so I suppose that helps!

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Purples and greens are my favorite in any product, other than blush and foundation :)

I've got some gorgeous purple Hot Pots from Coastal Scents, as well as a Loreal HIP cream liner in eggplant, some beautiful purples from Meow, Detrivore and Aromaleigh. If I really think of it, I've got a stupid amount of purple and green products. Forgot to say in the greens post, Eny pressed eye shadow from Makeup Geek is amazing! Their Peacock shadow is also kinda green, but kinda not. Difficult to describe....
I've heard of Coastal Scents trying to find out about products for frankening(making nail polish) now I guess I should look to them for my cosmetics too! I've never tried L'Oreal before, but Eggplant sounds nice. Some of the brands you've mentioned I have to be honest and say I haven't even heard of them yet though...

I loved the purples in my coastal scents warm 88 palette--they were the only ones I used in the whole palette, except for a couple dark browns and black. It's not usually the sort of purple I go for in eyeshadows, but I love Ecstacy in my UD Feminine palette.

Easily Urban Decay's Ransom and Fishnet eye shadow's.  I use them both on my eyes together and I get so many compliments.  I love the look.

I'm not sure if it is available anymore, and I bought mine about 2 years ago, but I bought L'Oreals HiP Studio Secrets Professional Shine Struck Lip Color in Arresting and it's purple and I love it!  I usually wear it topped with a white shimmer gloss for a killer jazzy look. A little goes a long way with the HiP lip colors so hopefully they will continue to make it or I can just make it LAST!

Eggplant and Orchid purples are my absolute favs and for myself I love wearing them as either Eyeshadows or Eyeliners. Inglot has a ridiculously fab array of purples which makes me feel like a giddy little school girl when I go to my purples palette (almost as if I'm seeing it for the first time). Ah, and my Rich Purple MAC Chromographic Pencil is my go-to for eggplant purple liner cause of its fantastic formulation.

Granted depending on the person I love the idea of purple lips. One job I had to do I got to put on some mac grape pigment on her lips and it looked ridiculously good on her.

Ok, now I've had some answers from you guys, I'll tell you my loves! Some of these, unfortunately, are no longer available(don't you hate when they do that???) I bought loads at the time.

Eyeshadow - MAC Amethyst(no longer made), MAC Beautiful Iris, Bourjouis Violet Absolu

Eyeliner - Lancome Light Violine(no longer made), MAC Lilacky,

Mascara - Hard Candy 1000 Lashes Divine Purple, I'd say my YSL, but it's not made, and I ran out long ago.

Latest posts

Back