What are your holiday wishes this year?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anything special you are wishing for Christmas?

I personally don't want anything for Christmas. I have my family so that's all I need.
icon_smile.gif
I love to see the excitement in my son and I love buying presents for him.

Just maybe a few days off - some extra money, a good dinner with my family and to not gain that much weight from all the holiday goodies!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

But I'm also looking into a new cell phone and a flat screen for my computer - lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I really don't want or need anything for myself, but what I wish for is another year of happiness and good health, not just for me but for my family and friends, including everyone here at MUT. More time with family would be great too! With my kids grown and busy with their own lives, it just seems like we all get so caught up in our day to day stuff, and it gets hard to make time for eachother, thats why I love the holidays, everyone is home and we have a great time together.

If i could ask Santa Claus for PEACE all around the world, i would.. But i know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon now the GWB is still in power (just kidding, just wanted to wind up all the GWB fans!)

Pressie wise, i'd love CLOTHES, LOTS of MAKE-UP, Gift Coupons for a Beautician's, Manicurist etc.. I could go on & on!

I feel the same way, Reija. Before I was married, I always wanted a ton of things: books, movies, etc. Now that I am so incredibly happily married, I find that I don't really need anything. Of course, we're building up our movie collection, so DVDs are always welcome, as are books (I collect books), but other than that, I don't really desire much. I might try to get a few bath and body/cosmetic products, but who knows? I'm just blessed to have my hubby - it's as though, once I found such an incredible love, I don't need any material things.
smile.gif

This year I especially want good health for my family and for this pregnancy . I do guess when you get older those little material things really dont matter. Although I did see a nice tennis bracelet I liked LOL j/k My daughter on the other hand thinks that I am rich. Her list has 14 items already and she is not done. I told her I would compromise and get pick 5 from her list.

Shoey, You mean that wasn't YOU that won the last time on "Who wants to be a Millionaire"!?!?!?! LoL

I wish!!! I think Im gonna start playing the lotto!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Shoey, You mean that wasn't YOU that won the last time on "Who wants to be a Millionaire"!?!?!?! LoL

Yeah that's a nice statement Reija. We do have our family!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin)

I personally don't want anything for Christmas. I have my family so that's all I need.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yeah that's a nice statement Reija. We do have our family!
smile.gif
Aw would you look at this.. Tony & Reija up a tree, K I S S I N G!!!

First comes Love, then comes Marriage......lalalalalalalalalaaaa

Originally Posted by laura127 Aw would you look at this.. Tony & Reija up a tree, K I S S I N G!!!

lol! Hey Tony - how does Reija pronounce her name? I've been trying to figure it out... and I have a few possibilities, but I can't come to a definite... I've never seen her name before... it's pretty
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Is it "Ray-a" or "Rye-a" or "Ry-ja" - hmmm can't figure it out!

I have been looking at a new TV
icon_cheesygrin.gif

mtwd62725.jpg

Originally Posted by Reija(admin)

icon_smile.gif

Your right with Ray-a

But in Finnish it's RRRRReYa (rolling R's)

I have a different name for her. There is a little funny story that goes along with it. When we first were married, when people would READ her name they would say "How do you pronounce it...Reggia(soft g's) or Reysha". So my nickname and what I call her is Reggie or Reg(with a soft g). People look at us funny, cuz Reggie is a man's name
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

lol! Hey Tony - how does Reija pronounce her name? I've been trying to figure it out... and I have a few possibilities, but I can't come to a definite... I've never seen her name before... it's pretty
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Is it "Ray-a" or "Rye-a" or "Ry-ja" - hmmm can't figure it out!

LOL - thats cute... ya know, I didn't know you two were married until about a month ago when I finally caught on... (duh)

rolleyes.gif
hehe

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

LOL - thats cute... ya know, I didn't know you two were married until about a month ago when I finally caught on... (duh)

It a 62" DLP HD TV, so hot! I really love this TV. The only problem is that it's around $4,100. PLUS I have to buy a HD DVR/Direct TV with TIVO since we cannot live without a DVR, no way... and they are $1,000 also. Just keeps adding up, next thing you know is that you spend $6,000 plus you also need to buy the stand:

WD62725_M.jpg

Model WS-62725​
62 Inch Screen

Shown on Optional Matching Base

The Medallion 725 Series MicroDisplay Integrated Digital Cable Ready HDTVs introduce new optical technology and easy-to-use program guides in slim compact cabinets. TV Guide On Screen® Programming makes it simple to choose a program. Find its title or name on the screen’s electronic program guide and press the ENTER button to watch it now or record it later.​
Annoying reflections are eliminated by the Anti-Glare Diamond Shieldâ„¢ which also protects the screen and improves contrast. The Mitsubishi 1280 X 720 Pixel DLPâ„¢ Light Engine totally eliminates drift in convergence, geometry and focus. It creates images that set new, higher standards for brightness, resolution and clarity.

Performance:

• Mitsubishi 1280 x 720p DLP™ Light Engine

• AMVP2™

• PerfectColor™

• Dark Detailer

• DefinEdge™

• 480-Line Motion-Adaptive 3D Y/C Comb Filter

• Auto Film Mode

• Anti-Glare Diamond Shield™

• 5" Coaxial Speakers

Easy to Use:

• CableCARD™ Slot

• TV Guide On Screen®

• NetCommand® 4.0

• FireWire® (IEEE 1394)

• MediaCommand™

• HDMI™ Input

• Freeze-Frame

• 8 Format Modes

• Front Replaceable Lamp

• Compact Tabletop Design

• Optional Matching Base

Originally Posted by naturally

whew ..I was way off on her name ...I was thinking of how it was said also ..and came up with Rayja ...sorry! Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out names ..traveling to different parts of the world ..helped with that ..but missed that one totally!
Tony ..what kind of tv is that ..looks nice! We treated ourselves last year to a 57" Sony ...NICE! Too bad hubby gets kicked into the study to watch his races! LOL

Very nice pick Tony!! Its amazing how men are fascinated with TVS! LOL My husband bought a 56 inch last year, its like a freakin movie theatre in my house!! He also just bought the home theatre system which makes it sound like you are really at the movies. I rather stay home now than go to the theatre but I must admit its very pricey!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) It a 62" DLP HD TV, so hot! I really love this TV. The only problem is that it's around $4,100. PLUS I have to buy a HD DVR/Direct TV with TIVO since we cannot live without a DVR, no way... and they are $1,000 also. Just keeps adding up, next thing you know is that you spend $6,000 plus you also need to buy the stand:
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="39%" height=605><TABLE width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

WD62725_M.jpg

</TD><!-- TemplateEndEditable --></TR><TR><TD>

Model WS-62725

62 Inch Screen

Shown on Optional Matching Base

</TD></TR><TR borderColor=#0000ff bgColor=#a4d1f7><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#cccccc ?height="60">

</TD></TR><TR borderColor=#0000ff bgColor=#a4d1f7><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#cccccc ?height="60">

</TD></TR><TR borderColor=#0000ff bgColor=#a4d1f7><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#cccccc ?height="60"></TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD vAlign=top width="61%">

The Medallion 725 Series MicroDisplay Integrated Digital Cable Ready HDTVs introduce new optical technology and easy-to-use program guides in slim compact cabinets. TV Guide On Screen® Programming makes it simple to choose a program. Find its title or name on the screen’s electronic program guide and press the ENTER button to watch it now or record it later.

Annoying reflections are eliminated by the Anti-Glare Diamond Shieldâ„¢ which also protects the screen and improves contrast. The Mitsubishi 1280 X 720 Pixel DLPâ„¢ Light Engine totally eliminates drift in convergence, geometry and focus. It creates images that set new, higher standards for brightness, resolution and clarity.

Performance:

• Mitsubishi 1280 x 720p DLP™ Light Engine

• AMVP2™

• PerfectColor™

• Dark Detailer

• DefinEdge™

• 480-Line Motion-Adaptive 3D Y/C Comb Filter

• Auto Film Mode

• Anti-Glare Diamond Shield™

• 5" Coaxial Speakers

Easy to Use:

• CableCARD™ Slot

• TV Guide On Screen®

• NetCommand® 4.0

• FireWire® (IEEE 1394)

• MediaCommand™

• HDMI™ Input

• Freeze-Frame

• 8 Format Modes

• Front Replaceable Lamp

• Compact Tabletop Design

• Optional Matching Base

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks!! Yep this would be a 6k to 7k venture. I just love HD bigtime....

We have a serious theater already with the sound system, etc, but lack the high end TV. We have a 50" widescreen right now, but of course, not HD

Still on the fence on whether or not to jump into this

Originally Posted by shoediva

Very nice pick Tony!! Its amazing how men are fascinated with TVS! LOL My husband bought a 56 inch last year, its like a freakin movie theatre in my house!! He also just bought the home theatre system which makes it sound like you are really at the movies. I rather stay home now than go to the theatre but I must admit its very pricey!

Latest posts

Back