What brand do you consider under-rated?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I frequent other chatrooms and it seems the majority of m/u conversations revolve around two brands: MAC and Stila. While I agree these are good brands, what other brand(s) do you love in spite of their underdog reputation? And of course, what makes this brand so cool in your eyes?

My underdog champion has to be Shiseido. This line has great foundations, sunblocks, skincare, eyelash curlers and glosses. They also have a super concealer called Optimal Cover. It's meant for birth marks and a wee super bit covers a lot. I mix this with YSL Touche Eclat and get the perfect consistency and coverage.

So, what's yours???
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Estee Lauder have an AWESOME bronzer that i use almost every day.. Alot of ppl don't like their stuff though. I used to use Lancome's Star Bronzer but i feel the EL Amber Bronzer that im using now lasts much longer, is a nicer color and leaves no streaks etc..

2nd to Estee Lauder Bronzer. It's really good! My favorite brand is Christian Dior. The foundations just go on so smooth and give a nice coverage and no breakouts. I've used Dior on and off over the years and keep coming back to it so I won't let it go this time.
smile.gif
I'm totally in love with the Diorlight Pure light sheer foundation. It gives a nice luminous look that is sheer and doesn't cause any breakouts. I also use the Diorlight Powder makeup. The eyeshadows have a good pigment and are easy to apply and don't irritate my sensitive eyes. I have to say that Dior is without a doubt my favorite brand.

Reija, that is good to hear about Dior. I used to have a quad e/s from Dior and as I recall it was really smooth! But, with so many brands and too little cash (or space on my vanity!) I haven't ventured to their display in a long time.

I'm a foundation junkie, so this may be a perfect excuse to visit them!

Thanks for your input!
smile.gif

[Ah, the shadow had 5 shades! Not a quad. My bad!]

I know Dior is expensive and because of its price I don't own 20 eye shadows etc from Dior.
smile.gif
If I want more variety I buy MAC shadows and other MAC stuff because it's less expensive. Dior is my treat.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I frequent other chatrooms and it seems the majority of m/u conversations revolve around two brands: MAC and Stila. While I agree these are good brands, what other brand(s) do you love in spite of their underdog reputation? And of course, what makes this brand so cool in your eyes?
My underdog champion has to be Shiseido. This line has great foundations, sunblocks, skincare, eyelash curlers and glosses. They also have a super concealer called Optimal Cover. It's meant for birth marks and a wee super bit covers a lot. I mix this with YSL Touche Eclat and get the perfect consistency and coverage.

So, what's yours???
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use alot of underdog brands..Jane Iredale,Revlon,lancome,Hard candy..

I find my favorite underdog is Rimmel (Lancasters less expensive sibling). It is very underrated because I think of it's lower price point. I find that there shadows have a really good texture to them. The defining masscara with the comb applicator is great, it never has any clumps. The lipsticks stay on pretty well and are very moisturizing, you don't feel them when they are on which is a plus for me, I love there coral shade it is the one I where most of the time. Also I like there nailpolish best I find it chips less then any others I have tryed including OPI which I also like. The last thing I find great about them is their eye make-up remover, it removes any type of eye make-up including waterproof, I find it removes Lancomes Magicils best. Cheers, WarholsMarilyn

Latest posts

Back