What do y`all think of blind dates?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I`m having my first BD ever tonight and I´ve been really nervous about it for days. I´ve seen pics of the guy and I think he´s one of the hottest guys I´ve ever seen-so I guess it´s not a totally BLIND date. he´s seen pics of me too, so hopefully there will be no unexpected surprises.

what seems a little weird to me: I actually met him on the internet. I wouldn´t really go on dates with people I met on the internet, (maybe cause I just registered as a member on this site a week ago) but after seeing his pics I changed my mind. he´s actually from Manhattan and currently plays football for the Vienna Wikings (I think most of you know how much I like american guys, especially football players *gasp*"! this is like a dream come true
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

I don´t know why I´m so nervous. could be that I´ve never really met him before and we didn´t even talk on the phone yet (although we have each other´s numbers) or that he´s just so hot that this actually makes me nervous.

has anyone of you ever been on a blind date? what were your experiences?

wink.gif
You're probably more excited than nervous, I'm sure you'll be fine and everything will go well. Where are you two going on this blind date? Just make sure you keep your wits about yourself the whole time...Before your date, Could you post a pic of him so we can see him too ?

Originally Posted by Arielle I`m having my first BD ever tonight and I´ve been really nervous about it for days. I´ve seen pics of the guy and I think he´s one of the hottest guys I´ve ever seen-so I guess it´s not a totally BLIND date. he´s seen pics of me too, so hopefully there will be no unexpected surprises.
what seems a little weird to me: I actually met him on the internet. I wouldn´t really go on dates with people I met on the internet, (maybe cause I just registered as a member on this site a week ago) but after seeing his pics I changed my mind. he´s actually from Manhattan and currently plays football for the Vienna Wikings (I think most of you know how much I like american guys, especially football players *gasp*"! this is like a dream come true
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

I don´t know why I´m so nervous. could be that I´ve never really met him before and we didn´t even talk on the phone yet (although we have each other´s numbers) or that he´s just so hot that this actually makes me nervous.

has anyone of you ever been on a blind date? what were your experiences?

there were several pics on his profile and I liked them all *lol*, even some of his niece and nephew which was pretty cute. and he was the one that wrote me a message first saying he thinks I´m a pretty girl so hopefully he´s acttracted to me too.

and I don´t really know why we haven´t talked on the phone, we just exchanged numbers 2 days ago cause we were planning our date. and we´ll meet at this huge public place in the center of town, so if anything happens there will always be people around.

and Trisha, we had written correspondence but not too much about our lives or if we have things in common. honestly that´s not too important right now, as long as we can talk in person and have a good time. he´ll only be in town for another month, and I´m leaving town in a little over a week, so there´s no time for serious intentions anyway.

you guys wanna see a pic? not sure if I should post a full face one, but here´s the ones that made me change my mind
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
gosh I am soo superficial *lol*

Nice bod,hehe.I wish you luck Andrea,just be careful,i would even suggest telling your family were you are going before you leave.I hope you have fun,and tell us all about it!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Nice bod,hehe.I wish you luck Andrea,just be careful,i would even suggest telling your family were you are going before you leave.I hope you have fun,and tell us all about it!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
that´s gonna be impossible-my parents would kill me if they knew I´m going out tonight (b/c of my exam next week) *lol*but there are tons of people around in town and I´ll be careful.

sure thing...I´ll tell everything if there is anything worth telling
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle that´s gonna be impossible-my parents would kill me if they knew I´m going out tonight (b/c of my exam next week) *lol*but there are tons of people around in town and I´ll be careful.

sure thing...I´ll tell everything if there is anything worth telling
icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe its the mommy in me to worry,sorry
icon_redface.gif
But you should tell a girlfreind you have there.Im sure every thing will be fine,your a smart chickie,so i wont worry too much!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Ya i agree with Gwen.. Just make sure you tell a friend or SOMEBODY even if its not a relative. Best of luck though chick! Hope you have a great time. Have you planned a FOTD yet!

i've never been on a blind date, but i must certainly believe that you can find mr. right at any time or in any situation, so go for it!

Originally Posted by Laura Ya i agree with Gwen.. Just make sure you tell a friend or SOMEBODY even if its not a relative. Best of luck though chick! Hope you have a great time. Have you planned a FOTD yet! of course I have a FOTD planned-I´ve been so nervous I have everything planned out *lol* I´m so pathetic
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I´ll post it if I have time

and yeah,my friends now and they´re out in town tonight anyway so I can call them if anything is not going the way I want it to.

good luck and have fun! he looks like a hot one
wink.gif

be careful, too. there are so many psychos out there today.

are you guys gonna go to that place where the big church is and the pizza and coffee places are and the silver people?! i know there's a pizzeria there that has 2 floors
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle

of course I have a FOTD planned-I´ve been so nervous I have everything planned out *lol* I´m so pathetic
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I´ll post it if I have time

and yeah,my friends now and they´re out in town tonight anyway so I can call them if anything is not going the way I want it to.

Don't give it up on the first night!!!

Originally Posted by Jennifer good luck and have fun! he looks like a hot one
wink.gif

be careful, too. there are so many psychos out there today.

are you guys gonna go to that place where the big church is and the pizza and coffee places are and the silver people?! i know there's a pizzeria there that has 2 floors
biggrin.gif

yeah, I forgot you know that place. that´s where we´re gonna meet up. there are lots of cool cocktailbars and pubs in that area.and yes, there´s a pizzeria with 2 floors-hey, you know this town almost better than me
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Don't give it up on the first night!!! is this the dad in you speaking?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle yeah, I forgot you know that place. that´s where we´re gonna meet up. there are lots of cool cocktailbars and pubs in that area.and yes, there´s a pizzeria with 2 floors-hey, you know this town almost better than me
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL i do
wink.gif

yeah, i'd say that place is fine. it's so busy.

Am i missing something here.. or are you in Austria or USA at the moment Andrea??

Originally Posted by Laura Am i missing something here.. or are you in Austria or USA at the moment Andrea?? she's in austria!

yep, unfortunately I´m still stuck here. the guy is just in town for a month and he´s from manhattan

Originally Posted by sniff I met my husband, and both of my brothers met their wives, on blind dates. The dates were set up by mutual friends though, not from the internet. Give it a shot. Worst case scenario - you make a new friend.:icon_love that was the kind of heads up I needed, THANKS!!! ;p;p I´m outta here now. wish me luck
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle that was the kind of heads up I needed, THANKS!!! ;p;p I´m outta here now. wish me luck
icon_cheesygrin.gif

good luck and have fun! let us know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back